Chapter 6 (MAYBE THE END?)

They bring their guns out and the shooting starts

They bring their guns out and the shooting starts. Anastasia's easily manager escapes through the back door.

Anastasia didn't get the chance. She was still recovering from the impact of falling badly.

Her ankle throbs in pain. She is sure she have sprained it.

Suddenly the gunshots stops. She slowly lifts herself up from the floor to see blood everywhere. Those guys who were in that gang lay dead everywhere.

She freezes in her place like a deer caught in headlights.

"There's a witness." A emotionless voice states. Anastasia shivers and stands at her place feeling a shiver chilling down her spine as eyes bore into her trembling form.

"Finish her!" That same voice again speaks.

"I will do it, brother!" A voice who somehow sounds familiar to her ears speaks clearly.

Footsteps approaches in her direction.

Anastasia shuts her eyes at this moment. She presses on her brain while trying to remember that one good thing that happened in her life for whom she should be grateful but then she realizes that there were none of those moments.

Her whole life she had suffered pain and cried tears. Her physical and mental health have been damaged a long ago.

There is nothing for which she would  want to live.

The tip of gun presses against her forehead. A small smile crosses her lips at this moment.

The feeling of getting freedom from never-ending pain fills her heart with relief.

The guy who was holding a gun at her head furrows his eyebrows in confusion. Her hair is covering her face, that's why he can not see clear but it seems to him that she's smiling.

Her shoulders are relaxed. Her whole body seems to have stop trembling for some reason and she is standing there silently in acceptance of her death. This isn't the reaction he was anticipating.

"Anastasio!" His twin brother speaks from behind clearly getting impatient.

At the mention of his name, Anastasia slowly lifts her eyes to look up at him. His name is same like her. A gust of wind blows her hair away from her face.

She recognizes him immediately. It was the same guy from that night she saved and brought to her home.

Anastasio's eyes grows slightly wide. It seems like he recognizes her well too.

"You are that girl." He brings his gun down.

"What are you doing, Anastasio?" The impatient but confusion filled voice of his twin brother again rings in their ears.

Anastasio ignores him and tilts his head while staring at her bruised cheek.

"Who fucked you up?!" Unconsciously he brings his hand up to touch her bruise cheek to access the damage.

He swallows hard as a lone tear rolls down her cheek.

Why wasn't he killing her?

"What's wrong with you, Anastasio?!" His brother appears behind him. His eyes narrowed down at the girl.

"Stefano, she's the one who saved me that day."

Anastasia moves her eyes to look at this new person. His eyes surprises her the most.

They look different from his brother instead they are just like her. Green emerald identical like her own.

Stefano blinks slightly. For some reason, in that girl he sees a familiar image of that someone who was once precious to his heart. That's why he immediate dislikes this girl. He glares at her.

"It doesn't matter. If you can't kill her, I will." Stefano speaks in a dark tone expecting a flinch from Anastasia but she silently stares down at the floor below.

"I don't have any kind of serious feelings for her but you won't touch her, you hear me!" Anastasio threatens him.

"Why not?! I think you might have already paid her for saving you so you are no longer under debt of her saving your life. I think I have a best idea. Let's bring her to fratello. It's better that he decide."

Anastasio reluctantly agrees. Stefano grabs Anastasia by her elbow.

"You are coming with us, ragazzo." He starts to drag her out of there not minding her limping.

It irks Anastasio that she seems so worry-less of her life or she might know to hide her emotions even better than him.

As Stefano pulls her towards his car, Anastasia's eyes caught something in shadows. There's a man standing there, dressed in all black just like those gang's guys and at this moment, he's pointing gun at them.

Anastasia realizes that his aim is pointed at Stefano.

As one of the guard opens the door for Stefano to push her in the car, Anastasia moves unconsciously.

It comes as a surprise to Stefano but he plans to toy with her and let her push him to a side thinking she would try to escape but what happens next is completely opposite.

A silent gunshots rings in air but no one hears it but Anastasia's loud gasp of pain reaches everyone's ears. Anastasio could only stare with wide eyes seeing a bullet that hit her chest.

Her knees sinks down and like a puddle she crumbles on the road.

"Oh Fuck!" Stefano curses under his breath. Anastasio and him crouches down at her either sides as she slowly starts to close her eyes with a smile of content instead of pain on her face.

The man who shot her was long dead by the guards.

"Hey! Girl! Don't shut your eyes." Anastasio lightly taps her face urging her to stay awake.

"Why the fuck are you smiling you psychopath?! You are fucking dying!" Stefano yells at her.

He couldn't understand this feeling. He really wanted to kill her but seeing her actually dying was making his heart beat faster.

Sweat breaks through his skin and it takes him a second to realize that he is panicking.

But why?

He shouldn't care about some random girl if she lives or dies.

But his body is reacting opposite.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU FROZEN?! FUCKING PICK HER UP! WE NEED TO TAKE HER TO THE DAMN HOSPITAL!" Stefano yells at his brother not really wondering what 'bullshit' his mouth is spitting.

"Look at yourself now!" Anastasio states back with gritted teeth.

He lifts Anastasia in his arms. His jaw clenches momentarily noticing that she weigh nothing to him, it feels like she is like feather.

"You are going to be fine." He reassures her as he takes a notice of a certain look in her once emotionless eyes.

It is a look of grief and painful sorrow.

She leans her head up, resting it against his shoulder. Her lips are near his ear.

"L-let m-me d-d-die....." she croaks out in a whisper. Her voice was so light that he almost did not get it.

His hold around her tightens significantly.

"P-p-please...." with her last words, she falls limp in his arms.

Oh poor Anastasia. .. What are your thoughts regarding this book?
If you are a new reader, please make sure to check out my other books...

Get early access up to 19 chapters on Patreon. Link's in my profile....