Chapter 5 (JUST BREATHE)

Anastasia could understand how she find herself in this position

Anastasia could understand how she find herself in this position. She was heading to the bathroom and at the same time she felt eyes on her.

Just as she stepped inside the bathroom, she felt a hand push her from back making her already weak body drop on the floor.

She looks up to find a group of girls crowding around her.

"What's your name newbie?" One in the middle asks while smacking her lips weirdly on a piece of gum.

"What are you staring at bitch? I asked you something!" She sneers at Anastasia who silently gazes down at the floor.

"Are you fucking mute?"

"I guess she is, Arabella." One of the girl with curly blonde hair answers.

Arabella rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"Well it doesn't matter. Is it? I shall give you a name myself, I mean I could atleast do this for a low life like you."

When Arabella notices that her words made no affect on her, her anger fuels. She wanted to see her cry like every other person she come across with but Anastasia sat there silently like a emotionless wall.

"Why the hell are you testing my patience?! Look at me!" She roughly grabs Anastasia's jaw forcing her to look up.

Seeing no fear but blankness in her eyes, Arabella brings her hand up and roughly smack it across Anastasia's face. Her group of friends shifts uncomfortably on their feets at her bold move.

Anastasia's head turns. The sharp sting on her face almost feels nothing. Paul had done much worse than this.

"You are really getting on my nerves now!" Arabella's fists clenches in anger. She snaps her fingers motioning at her friends.

Two of them steps forward and grabs Anastasia's book bag and opens it with a disgusted look on their faces.

They start to spill each contents of it out. Anastasia stares blankly as they roughly kick her stuff away.

The sound of bell ringing grabs their attention. Arabella rolls her eyes for the secondth time.

"Don't think this is over!" She warns one last time before heading to the door. Her minions following closely behind.

Anastasia breathes in deeply and looks in her bag's direction. She stands up and makes her way over to it. She reaches down to gather her books again.

After zipping it shut, she silently put it on and makes her way out of the bathroom while moving her hair in front to cover her bruised cheek.

She heads to her next class. Arabella and her minions are already present there. As the rest of classes ends, she makes her way to the locker at the end of school day.

Just as she was done grabbing rest of her books and steps back to shut her locker, Arabella arrives there with her group of minions.

At Arabella's motion, one of them named Stacy purposefully pushes harshly on the door to shut it.

Anastasia takes a sharp intake of breath as her fingers stuck in between. With a cunning expression on Stacy's face, she pulls on the door letting her fingers free but Arabella grabs her wrist letting them remain at the same place.

She nods at Stacy. Anastasia is visibly  shaken up as Stacy again slams the door shut roughly with her fingers again in between.

"What? You feel pain now!" Arabella laughs while gaining everyone's attention.

"Arabella!" A cold voice rings out in the corridor, freezing Arabella on her place.

"G-giovanni. W-what are you doing here?"

Anastasia freezes for a moment. She clutches her hand ignoring the pain and peeks through her long eye-lashes.

Her eyes widens. Another sense of familiarity hits her heart as she looks up at the guy in front of them.

He's wearing a block suit jacket and black pants. There are tattoos running across his hands that looks like leads up to his arms. The most interesting thing about him were his eyes.

They look familiar just like them. They are identical just as them.

Anastasia notices that there is an unsettling silence filled in the hallway. Everyone seems intimidated by him.

"I'm going to drop you home. Let's go." Arabella instantly shakes her head in positive and makes a bee-line after him as he starts to makes his way out of there.

Just as Arabella rounds the corner, she glances back at Anastasia and glares coldly once again. A warning in her eyes that this is not over is all clear.

Seeing their leader leaving, her group of minions starts to make their way out of the building too.

Anastasia looks down at her fingers. They had turned red. They were slightly trembling but it feels too painful.

Just breathe.

She clenches her jaw with the notion to ignore it like always and gently shuts her locker. She slings her bag over her shoulders and starts to walk out of the school.

She reaches home only to notice that Paul is nowhere to be seen. She changes out of her uniform and grabs the small cash that Paul had left to buy groceries.

She heads to her work place. Almost at the near closing time, she sadly encounters some local gang guys who enters in the diner while laughing and cursing at each other, completely drunk.

With full of hesitation in her heart, she make her way towards them to take their order.

Anastasia immediately distances herself while flinching as one of them was going to touch her thigh.

They laugh at her reaction.

"Come here little girl." One of them mocks.

Anastasia's manager seems to ignore everything whereas she was struggling to get herself out of this vulnerable position.

Her whole body tenses as that person grabs her elbow and drags her to sit on his lap.

She struggles to get up. Her body feels like burning as his rough hands caresses her skin. She shudders in fear and ultimate disgust.

Just as his lips presses against her neck in an attempt to kiss her, the door of diner chimes open while bringing in the loud gunshots.

"Fuck!" That man curses out loud and pushes her away.

Hope you like this chapter and if you do, so make sure to give it a star and share your views...

Get early access up to 14 chapters on Patreon.. Link's in my profile. .....