Chapter 30 (Rainbows and Sunshines)

"Adriano!" Anastasio's loud voice echoes in the once silent office.

Hearing his shout, Adriano tenses up a little in alert.

"What's the matter?" He asks watching his brother as he tries to catch his breath.

"Paul-Paul is dead. I just checked. Fuck! There are stab wounds all over his body. Someone fucking killed him!" Anastasio curses. It was not like he was mad because of Paul's death as he would have personally liked to kill him over and over again but Paul held information of their past.

He did not want him dead just yet.

"Did you check the security footage?" Adriano inquires. He looks blank as ever. It was hard for Anastasio to even read his expressions.

"No. There's nothing. Someone deliberately erased it. You know what I mean?" Adriano listens to him, feeling his jaw clenched tightly.

"There's a fucking rat present here!"

Adriano stands up from his chair and grabs his coat.

"Where are Anastasia and Arabella? Have you checked on them?" He asks while putting it on.

"I did. Both of them were sleeping when we returned." Anastasio states a little calm now.

"Call Matteo and Zeus. Tell them to stand outside Anastasia and Arabella's rooms. Their duties are to guard them until we return."

Anastasio nods while carefully listening to his brother.

"Was there any news on Ermanno and Father? When are they returning back from the business trip?"

Adriano asks while they make their way out of the office.

"Probably by tomorrow evening." Anastasio answers while calling their best men and Adriano himself went to check on his sisters in their rooms.

He first enters Arabella's room to found her sleeping soundly. But when he noticed the trail of tears rolling down her closed eyes, his brows furrows.

He crouches down in front of her and gently wipes her tears away. He places his hand on top of her head and feels that it was a little warm.

"M-mamma." She whimpers in her sleep.

Adriano says nothing but pats her head lightly until her whimpering stops and she falls into a deep sleep.

Next, he heads to Anastasia's room that was between Ermanno and Arabella's rooms.

He enters her room. His lips tilts up slightly at the sight of her being curled up under the blanket.

He was about to place his hand on her forehead but pauses as her eyes snaps open. She looks straight at him but her consciousness is still asleep.

A second later, she closes her eyes.

Andriano pats her head in a soothing manner. Then, he stands up and walks out of her room.

He heads downstairs. In the living room, Anastasio, Zeus and Matteo are present. Zeus had a cigarette dangling between his lips and he was as usually smoking.

First, Adriano turns his attention to his brother.

"Call Luna in the morning and tell her the first thing to check upon Arabella."

"Is everything ok?" Anastasio asks a little concerned.

"A little warm. Nothing to worry though."

Then, he directs his attention at Zeus and Matteo to give them usual instructions.