Chapter 26 (Mind Games)

**hours later (time- midnight)

Adriano stops his car in front of a familiar abandoned building and slides out while unbuttoning the buttons of his blazer.

"Yo!" A man jumps in front of him, appearing like a cat. A huge smirk is rested at his lips.

"Ecrin!" Adriano nods in greeting.

"Boss has a weird sixth sense. He felt like you will be coming tonight, that's why we planned to came here early. I won't be surprised if William O'Crimson arrives here too." Ecrin chuckles wearily.

Adriano ignores his ramblings and makes his way inside.

He pauses in front of a empty chair which is resting in the middle of the hallway and notices the stains of blood splattered on it.

Shaking his head, he heads to the second room.

"Welcome." With his feet resting casually on the table, Dominic O'Gray has sitten at the head chair a room built like a office, holding a cigarette carelessly in his fingers.

"You need to change the location or maybe renovate this building. Or else, it will collapse on our heads one or another day."

Dominic lets out a quiet snort at his words.

"Nah! I'm too lazy and my money is precious. I won't waste it on such petty manner."

If someone else was here, they probably would have fainted seeing Adriano De'Romano casually rolling his eyes. A very uncharacteristically move.

"This is the place where we first met. Where this friendship started. This building will remain intact just like that until our lifetime, Rio."

Dominic extends his hand.

Adriano stares at his hand, suddenly getting a flashback of the time when Dominic first time extended the same hand for the start of being this silly concept of 'bestfriends'.

A faint smile crosses over his features. Though it is barely seen but Dominic knows better without even seeing.

Adriano lifts his hand up and drops it in his hand, adjoining them.

"Yay! Friends forever." Dominic mocks.

A throaty chuckle leaves Adriano's lips.

****************

Arabella sits beside an unconscious Stefano feeling her heart tearing apart slowly.

Even Arabella never really seem to show it, but she loves her brothers a lot. More than anything. She just wants their whole affection and love.

What was wrong with it?

Nothing is wrong.

But it just seems impossible now with Anastasia's return.

Arabella has a deadly inkling that Anastasia is going to bring them at her own side.

Anastasia will tell them to hate Arabella and they will blindly do it. The thought makes her heart drop.

She does not want to be abandoned. Again, this thought burns her soul. She can never bear their hate.

Arabella jumps slightly as she feels a hand on her shoulder. She looks back to see Giovanni standing behind her.

"Don't cry. You are going to make yourself sick." He turns to glance at Stefano.

"Stefano's condition is improving. He will be up soon." He gently brushes her tears away.

Arabella shuts her eyes momentarily. This is what she has always craved for.

"You should head back home now."

Her eyes snaps open.

'He is pushing her away' It strangely rings in her mind.

"The driver and guards are outside waiting."

'If it was Anastasia, he would have himself dropped her at home.' This thought again makes her skin crawl.

"I need to be here for Stefano."

Arabella pays none of her attention of his excuses.

"I will take you outside." He says, ready to lead her out of the hospital.

"No need!" She snaps loudly.

He pauses and glances back at her.

"I can go myself."

Giovanni raises his brow but did not questions her as she storms past him with angry eyes.

He was about to still follow her but Stefano's heart monitor suddenly starts to go frantic.

Fuming, Arabella walks through the hallway. Someone accidentally collides into her shoulder making her agressively turn to look back at the culprit.

"I'm so sor--" The nurse is cut off in between.

"FUCKING WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING! YOU LOW-LIFE!"

Frightened, that nurse flinches back in reaction at Arabella's scream.

Ignoring her fearful expression, she storms out of there with her heels clicking loudly on the floor.

"I hate th--" Arabella's furious muttering is cut off as a hand wraps around her wrist and she is dragged back into an empty room.

Instinctively, a scream is about to rip out of her throat but a hand covers her mouth tightly.

She struggles fiercely but to no avail.

Finally the hand removes and she frantically turns around to scream at the person.

"Who the hel---"

Her voice gets stuck in her throat and her eyes widens.

"M-mom?"

Double updates!

Hope you guys liked these chapters.... If you did, don't forget to give them a like and share your views....
You can get early access of Lost gem ( 1) on Patreon.... The link is in my profile....

Again, thanks for reading....
Davina🧡