Chapter 13 [My Sister]

Anastasia fiddles with her fingers anxiously

Anastasia fiddles with her fingers anxiously. Her heart is beating loudly in rhythm at the moment.

"You know you should relax. We are not going to hurt you." Anastasio suddenly speaks, interrupting the silence.

Anastasia slowly lifts her gaze to look at him. He's chilling on the seat beside her with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

Adriano and Stefano left in some other cars leaving Anastasio and Anastasia together.

"So what do you like to do?" Anastasia blinks, taking notice of a look of pure curiousity shining in his eyes.

Why does he seem so interested in knowing about her?

And where actually is he taking her? It's basically kidnapping but Anastasia does not know how to react.

She does not have enough strength to scream or struggle.

Where did they take Paul? He's her only family and it doesn't settle right with her to be away from him.
The thought of what's going to happen to her scares her.

"Hey!"

She flinches, jerking out of her thoughts when Anastasio snaps his fingers in front of her.

"Why are you crying?"

She blinks in surprise at the discovery of tears gathered in her eyes but the next moment she freezes, when Anastasio cradles her face in his hands.

His hands are scarred and rough but the warmth they radiate, is melting something inside her.

"It's going to be alright, you know. You are safe now."

His soothing words lightens her heart. The way he sounds so caring is actually strange but comforting coming from him.

"Your questions will be answered soon." His thumb wipes a tear that slides down her cheek.

Suddenly the car stops. His hands leaves her face and his once warmth covered facial expressions hardens again. Anastasia looks outside to find herself out of their mansion.

Why did he take her here? She asks to herself.

"Come on. Let's get inside. It's going to rain."

Ignoring the guards at various corners, Anastasio slowly reaches his hand forward and grabs her wrist. Without giving her a chance to even understand anything, he tugs her out and starts making his way to the front door.

Anastasia looks up at the sky noticing that indeed the sky was covered with dark, rainy clouds. The same happened the last time too when she came here for the first time.

The same nostalgia hits her hard and for a second it literally takes her breath away.

Her eyes squints at the emotions her mind and heart are overplaying.

Just like last time, but this time Anastasio takes her inside.

"WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING HERE?!" A familiar voice screeches.

Anastasia cannot help but flinch this time too.

Her heart drops. Because standing in front of her is Arabella, with a nasty glare plastered on her face.

"Go to your room." Anastasio speaks showing a hint of disapproval in his tone.

"No...I won't! First tell me what is she doing here, big brother."

"I'm not obliged to answer you or am I?" Anastasio raises his brow.

Arabella blinks a little to overcome the sudden shock. 'Anastasio is supposed to be nicest one.....'

"Just go to your room, Arabella."

He lets out a quiet tch when she stomps upstairs, towards her room but not before sending another hatred glare in Anastasia's direction.

"I suppose that you both are not on best terms." Anastasio says this to lighten up a mood little when he notices Anastasia's tense stature beside him.

He slowly releases her wrist and slides down his hand to hold her hand.

Anastasia stares at him frozen, when he gives her hand a small gentle squeeze.

"You are going be fine, Anastasia. I promise." Their intertwined hands get her attention and then his words.

Without waiting for any answer, he moves forward. It take them a minute to reach that same office again.

Anastasia looks up as they enter together. Her eyes first meet Ermanno. He's staring at her blankly but she somehow notice that his hands are trembling.

"Took your long enough." Stefano scoffs. He is sitting on the couch and smoking a cigar. His annoyed eyes are narrowed down at the newcomers.

And last, there is Adriano. He's sitting on the desk chair. His eyes are boring into her form like they can see the secrets she has hidden behind. Finally after a long moment of staring and letting everyone collect their thoughts, he speaks.

"Take a seat Anastasia. This might take a while."

And she just did that or more like Anastasio made her do it.

"Can you look at me Anastasia?" Adriano asks.

She hesitantly looks up in his eyes again.

"Do you know why we have taken you here?"

She slowly shakes her head. Her heart speeds up again. The growing curiousity and anxiety works again making her start to feel weak and scared.

"Because-- he pauses and looks deep into her scared eyes-- this is your real home."

Her eyes shines with confusion. The little hint of fear is still there but she's more confused at his broad claim.

"You are a part of this family, Anastasia. My sister."

Thanks for reading. Please give this chapter a ⭐ if you enjoyed it.

You can get early access upto 35 chapters on patreon. Link's in my profile...❤️