Chapter 31 (Trust)

Zeus glances at Anastasia from the corner of his eye. She is staring out of the window with a slight smile on her face. He almost rolls his eye finding her persona childish.

As they reach in front of their destination, she patiently waits for him to finally stop the car. She was just one second away from opening the door and jumping out but his grunt catches her attention.

"Hang on a second." She watches him curiously as he steps out of the car and then goes around the corner to open the door of her.

She exits the car and waits politely for his next instruction. Even if he is doing the duty of being her bodyguard, she did not want him to feel obliged to do small things and disrespect him in any way.

"Go ahead." He lets her walk forward while he follows behind her. Nobody even tries to look at her in wrong way after seeing a literal giant following her.

"Anastasia!" She snaps her head to look up at the source of this familiar voice.

Her eyes makes contact with Giovanni. They immediately fill with relief that he notices but does not comment on it.

"How are you?" He asks her, taking in her body's posture. Her body have started to obtain the needed fat and her face isn't as usually pale. There are no dark circles around her eyes.

"Ok and you?"

Giovanni nods but stops abruptly.

He find it hard to believe that it was indeed her voice. She was speaking to him again and willingly.

Zeus's eyes narrows slightly at Anastasia.

Giovanni almost smiles and takes a step forward.

He wanted to hug her but held back.

"Now I feel much better. I'm glad that you are trusting me again." He says and places his lips faintly on the crown of her head.

Zeus watches the interaction with an emotionless face. It is hard to believe that Giovanni had it in him to show affection. But on the second note, Zeus understands.

"Come in. You can see Stefano." He guides her to the door of Stefano's ward. Without another word, he pulls it open and let her enters.

"I will be right back." Letting her enter, he shuts the door and brings his attention to Zeus who straightens his posture.

"I can see why Adriano called you especially for Anastasia. Who is with Arabella right now?"

"Matteo, Sir." He answers in a blank tone.

Giovanni hmms under his breath and then he starts speaking again.

"I need you to do something for me."

Zeus tilts his head to a side and nods, taking in what Giovanni have to say.

On the other side, Anastasia stares at Stefano. He is hooked with several machines and wires. Seeing it, Anastasia almost feel dread pooling in her stomach.

He is like this because of her.

"I'm sorry. You shouldn't have saved me. I was supposed to be at your position."

Tears forms in her eyes and she lays her head down beside his hand.

"Why did you try to protect me? Just look at you now. If something ever h-happen to you. I will kill myself." She whimpers.

"I have b-brought nothing but problems for you all. I never want it to be happen. You should have let me s-stay with P-pau--"

She freezes when all of a sudden she feels a hand hit her head lightly.

Thinking that it was Giovanni, she starts to cry without looking up..

"I am s-sorry. I a-am sorry. It's a-all my f-fault."

A huff was heard before that same heavy hand is placed down on top of her head.

"I..Idiot." A voice wheezes slightly.

Anastasia stills. There's no way that it is Giovanni's voice.

Snapping her head up to look, her face pales before a large smile brightens on her face.

"STEFANO!" She unconsciously yells and pulls him into a tight hug.

"U-off n..not too hard."

"S-stefano." She mumbles and pulls away to look at his face again.

"You are being adorable for no reason."

Her lips unknowingly puckers into a small pout.

"I s-should call Gio."

Saying this, she rushes out of the room.

'Gio huh?' Stefano grins faintly, remembering how Anastasia used to call Giovanni by his nickname when she was a child. Now, she didn't even realize that she had called him that.

*******************

Few hours later, Zeus is driving the car while Anastasia is sitting on the passanger seat. A small smile is playing at the corner of her lips.

"So you could speak, ehh!" Zeus says out of nowhere. Actually taunts her.

Anastasia does not turn her head to look up at him. Instead, she casts her eyes down at her lap and fiddles with her fingers.

Zeus hmphs as if already expecting her silence. But thankfully, he does not speak another word.

Stopping his car in the driveway, he lets her exit first before he drives away to garage to park the car.

Anastasia does not wait a second to rush inside but at the front door, she bumps into a hard chest.

A oamph escapes her lips as she hit the floor back hard and snaps her head up to see with her teary vision.

Her eyes widens seeing the most unexpected person standing in the doorway.

He narrows his eyes at her dangerously.

"Watch where are you going!"

Giving her no hand to help, he side-steps her and walks out.

Zeus passes by Lucifer and gives him a small respectful nod. Lucifer does not return the same gesture but raises his hand up slightly.

Zeus is surprised to find Anastasia sitting in front of the door.

"What's wrong?" He asks but she just shakes her head, coming out of a weird trance.

She pulls herself up to stand but stumbles a little mid-way, though Zeus grabs her arm, stopping her from falling again.

"If you are hungry, so better eat and don't starve yourself. I can't have you dying at my watch."

Anastasia ignores him and makes her way in.