Chapter 25 (Finding Fault)

Anastasia and Anastasio both returned home by the next morning. Anastasia could not help but notice some catchy changes done around the mansion. The fence and outside walls are freshly painted. A new gate is installed and the security is leveled up.

As soon as both siblings steps inside, they are greeted by Allesandro and Adriano.

Anastasio shares a look with them secretly telling with his eyes that they need to talk.

"Ana...Why don't you go upstairs and take rest? You look a little pale. We will call you down for lunch." Allesandro says softly to his daughter. His gentle eyes show concern and affection.

She nods a little mindlessly and heads towards the stairs.

"In my study now." The same soft voice turns hard as usual and his facial expressions hardens in blink.

Both sons silently follow behind their angry father as Anastasio asks Adriano quietly.

"Any news regarding Stefano?"

Adriano could see that Anastasio was the most affected by the news that his brother is fighting for life and death at this state now. They both are twins and their connection is much stronger than others.

To give him comfort, Adriano places his hand on Anastasio's shoulder.

"He will be fine. You and I both know he's stubborn, he is more than capable to fight through this."

Anastasio gulps his worry down a little and nods.

Allesandro who is walking ahead of them, listens to the conversation and almost smiles. Due to this reason of being always sticking with each other, his sons and daughters are his pride.

Anastasia is thinking about the nightmare she had last night. She didn't even realize at that time that she was the one who was dreaming and screaming loudly along with it.

If it was not for Anastasio comforting her throughout the whole night later, she would not have gotten a blink of sleep.

Anastasia pauses in her tracks as suddenly in front of her Arabella appears with a fierce glare on her face.

"It's your fault...!" She hisses and instantly, wraps her hands around Anastasia's slender neck with the attempt to strangle her.

"Stefano is in life-threatening danger because of you! You are the reason he's fighting death in the hospital! Everything was fine but you just had to come and ruin everything! Why can't you just fucking die?!"

Tears are rolling down Arabella's eyes endlessly while Anastasia is having a moment of shock. Arabella's hands slowly leaves her neck as she takes a step back.

"I hate you! I hate you so much! You bitch!"

Sobbing quietly, Arabella stormes out of there.

Anastasia stares blankly at the empty place where Arabella was standing. Her words rings loudly in her mind over and over again like a horror movie.

Anastasia clenches her hands into fists, feeling a first tear slipping out of her eye.

She swiftly turns around and enters her room before slamming the door shut.

"Anastasia's mental health is not right. She's to be treated delicately." Anastasio shares his worry to his oldest brother and father.

"I know, Anastasio. That was why I was planning on getting the assist from specialists. I'm afraid that one day she might just break under all pressure and trauma. What do you think, Adriano?" Allesandro almost helplessly looks at Adriano who remains mostly silent during the whole conversation.

"I believe we will pull through this together. I won't let anything else bad happen to her and rest of my siblings."