Chapter 29 (Karma bites hard)

"Looook l-loook whosse heere (who's here)?"

Her heart drops and her mind turns blank at the sound of his voice.

The voice who tortured her all these years back.

It was him.

Paul.

Anastasia trembles at her place as the realization hit her that she is indeed staring at her tormentor.

Her mouth feels dry and she takes a step back in fear but however she pauses as her eyes make contact with his true state.

Covered in blood from head to toe, his arms and legs are bound but bent uncomfortably and in a weird angle. He grins, revealing his toothless mouth and Anastasia feels herself shuddering.

He pulls on the chain, erupting a loud clinking sound. Suddenly tears forms in his eyes.

"A-anastasia, my daughter. I'm so g-glad that you are here. Will y-you be so k-kind and u-untie me? T-those monsters have d-done this to me." Paul says in a poor, crying tone.

"W-who?" She whispers fearfully.

"W-who else? The one who kidnapped you. This w-whole family is crazy. T-they want to s-separate us. You are my daughter, I can't leave you here to suffer! T-they are going t-to hurt you. T-they are l-lying. I-I'm the o-one w-who is y-your family, you k-know that right? L-look at m-me, they h-had hurt me so bad. T-they will c-continue to h-hurt me. S-save me A-Anastasia. P-please." He begs while he adoringly looks at Anastasia who quietly stares back at him.

"Is that how you feel?" She asks him, her head tilted to the side curiously.

"W-what do you mean?" Paul asks quietly.

"How do you feel like as the one being covered in blood? How does pain feel like?"

Paul stares at her with a blank face. His crying stops altogether.

"It hurts, right? It hurts so bad that it feels like to just die altogether is better. Am I right?" Her chin wobbles slightly as she asks him.

"It breaks something apart internally when we beg again and again to stop and they just never stop." A tear slips down her cheek as she finishes her sentence.

"At this time, death sounds better. It might be better than feeling continuous pain of broken bones."

She sits down on the dirty floor and pulls her knees to her chest.

"I begged so much, Paul." She looks up in his eyes.

"I-I'm s-sorry." He mutters breathlessly as he chokes on his own blood.

"P-please j-just forgive me a-and let m-me out of h-here." He cries out loudly.

"A-anastasia please. I-I have r-raised you. You c-can't do t-that to your f-father."

"But you 'deserve' it." Anastasia whispers softly.

"That's what you always told me."

She stands up from the floor and swiftly turns around to move out of the room.

But she pauses before she takes a step forward.

"And, you are not my father. You stole me, remember?"

Saying this, she starts to move out of the door, hearing his loud yells behind her.

"YOU F-FUCKING BITCH! I-I SHOULD H-HAVE KILLED Y-YOU! Y-YOU WERE B-BETTER OFF DEAD! I WILL K-KILL YOU! I PROMISE I WILL CORRECT M-MY MISTAKE! I WILL F-FUCKING K-KILL YOU!" She hears his loud screams all the way up to the entrance door of basement.

She opens the door calmly and makes her way to her room.

Arabella stares at her back as for the first time, genuine tears forms in her eyes. Her back hit the wall behind her and a whimper tears its way out of her lips.

*******************Flashback*******************

"M-mom!" A gasp left Arabella's lips as she pulled the frail woman into a hug.

Isabella looked way too older than her age.

With a roll of her eyes, she pulled away from Arabella.

"I don't have much time left to waste. So stop it and listen to me."

"B-but m-mama. I h-have seen y-you after s-such a long time. I m-missed you." A sob escaped Arabella's lips.

But she was startled as Isabella sent a fierce slap on her face. She whimpered and cradled her cheek that stung badly due to the impact.

"M-mamma?"

"Shut up! You bitch!" Isabella muttered sharply.

"You are my daughter. So don't you dare cry like some ugly witch!"

"I-I a-am s-sorry mamma."

Arabella whimpered as she felt another tight slap.

"Stop Stuttering too!" Isabella gripped her daughter's jaw tightly.

"I hate it that you are my blood. So weak! It's just pathetic!"

Arabella felt her heart breaking at the moment her mother commented this harshly.

"Now listen to me and listen good! Do you want me back in your life?" Isabella's mood switched abruptly and she fixed her daughter's hair gently.

"Don't you?" She asked again, this time a little sharply.

"Y-yes mom." Arabella hesitated a little. Isabella noticed it with narrowed eyes but didn't comment.

"So then, you will have to do something for me? Will you do it?"

Arabella nodded slowly.

"After you do it, everything will be back to normal. We will be together like a happy family. You, your brothers, your father and I. We will be like a happy family again."

The thought of 'happy family' was enough to make Arabella smile.

She looked up at her mother hopefully.

"R-really mom?"

Isabella grinned.

"Yes. Have I ever broken any promise? I promise, you will get everything you deserve, my little angel. And, I apologize for raising my hand on you. I was just bit angry and annoyed. You know that I can never hurt you. Hmm."

Arabella nodded a little...

"What will I have to do, mom?" She asked a little determined. But her face paled at the words that came out of Isabella's mouth next.

"Kill------!"

*******************Flashback over

"How can I?" Arabella grips the knife tightly in her shaking hands.