Chapter 28 (Facing the past again)

After gaining permission from Allesandro, Anastasia arrives at the hospital to meet Stefano. Though, he still have not waken up yet but she was missing him a lot.

Surprisingly, Adriano said that he was the one who is going to take her there. Giovanni is already staying there and he informed Adriano that arrangements for getting Stefano to shift at their home is going to get started.

Later, Adriano takes her to O'Crimson residence so she could meet Eleanora who was also gravely injured the same day Stefano almost lost his life. Meanwhile, he was planning on visiting William.

But things didn't go as planned when Adriano found an unconscious Anastasia in Hunter's arms who was already grumbling and looked in a pretty bad mood. Reason his younger brother Lucifer scared her so much that she had a panic attack.

Adriano was pissed today even though he always remained unusually calm in varying situation.

Before he could unleash his deadly wrath at Hunter, thankfully William intervened.

"It was a bad idea." Adriano sighs.

William passes him a drink before speaking.

"What did Paul say?"

Adriano shakes his head.

"He's like a living corpse now. No matter what torture I put him through, he refuses to open his mouth. I have crushed his spirit completely but he still says that his loyalty lies to someone."

William carefully listens to his friend.

"But from the documents I have found on Paul, it is clear that there is not only one."

"What?" William mutters as he takes a sip of his liquor.

"It's an whole organization. Their plan has been put to work several years ago. The records that I found from him shows that it started since the beginning where Acacia, your mother, ran away when she was pregnant with your sister." William looks up at him, a flicker of shock betrays his blank face.

"She was a part of this organization?"

"It's just a assumption because I had found her information there. There's a 60% possibility that it is true. David, her husband was completely involved. We have found enough proof." Adriano theorizes.

"And that day, you said Isabella might be alive?" William asks again.

Adriano ponders over a thought for a moment before speaking.

"Yes. Other information provided by the source explains that a war against us is upcoming. I don't know a particular date or time but it will be happening soon."

Not surprisingly, William chuckles.

"Let them come here with their worst. We will be ready."

Though both of them clink their glasses together in a silent cheer but internally both eldest heir of the respective families were concerned of the safety matters of their loved ones.

War promises nothing but pain and misery. But there might be peace in the end. That's why they need to get ready.

*******************

Anastasia wakes up few hours later and she finds herself sleeping in her own bedroom.

She slowly lifts herself up in a sitting position and tries to think about what happened at Crimson family mansion.

A shudder leaves her body as she remembers Lucifer's raged face. He looked like a spitting image of Paul.

So angry and terrifying.

As she is busy in her thoughts, the door opens and Arabella steps inside with a brightening smile on her face. Her smile changes into a slight scowl at the sight of Anastasia's face.

"You!" She snaps her fingers to gain her attention.

Anastasia flinches slightly and looks up at her.

"Dad is calling you in basement." She tells her with her arms crossed tightly on her chest.

Anastasia stares at her confused. Basement is the place where she is not allowed just like the highest floor of the mansion. But she does not dare to share her thoughts with Arabella nor is she ready to listen to her.

It was Allesandro who had called her. The one who made these rules.

She silently walks past Arabella feeling her glare on her back.

"Little bitch." Arabella grumbles under her breath.

Anastasia flinches slightly as she managed to hear this.

She makes her way to the basement door and silently climbs down the metal stairs. Her heartbeat races as she looks at the creepy darkness surrounding the whole hallway.

Everything here is far different from the whole beauty of their mansion.

The whole area has locked cells with the high amount of security applied everywhere.

The light at the ceiling flickers suddenly as she comes to stand in front of a parting steel door of cell. It is the only one that is opened.

Allesandro must be present here.

With this thought, she takes a step inside.

Suddenly the smell of burnt flesh and blood fills her nostrils. She scrunches her nose in slight disgust.

Her heart skips a beat as she hears a slight clinking of chains.

She fists her hands tightly because they are shaking badly. Her legs stumbles suddenly as a small wheezing sound fills her ears.

"Looook l-loook whosse heere (who's here)?"

Her heart drops and her mind turns blank at the sound of his voice.

The voice who tortured her all these years back.

It was him.

Paul.

Arabella grins and slams shut the door leading to basement.

"Let the game begin. Because you are going to die soon, Anastasia!"

Double updates again!

Hope you guys liked these chapters.... If you did, don't forget to give them a like and share your views....
You can get early access of Lost gem ( 1) on Patreon.... The link is in my profile....

Again, thanks for reading....
Davina🧡