Chapter 24 {Nightmarish screams}

Anastasia feels like some awkward stranger in front of Gray family. Even though Wanda is trying to make her feel at home but nothing is surpassing the poor girl's anxiety and shyness.

"Hahhh you know! Big sister Angelina was like you when she was your age. There was always a sweet blush formed on her cheeks and she was just so shy when it came to being sociable." A big smile forms on her lips as she remembers those old days with her palms holding her chin.

Anastasia slowly listens to her ramblings.

She looks up at Wanda's face and finds her lost in thought. Wanda is staring at nothing with a gloomy smile on her face.

Just in the same minute, a maid arrives to inform her that dinner is ready.

"I will call and ask Tristan first if he's joining us for dinner."

"Yes, my lady." The maid bows politely and heads back in the direction from where she came from.

"I will be back in a minute. Victor sweetie, keep your big sister company, eh?" Wanda looks adoringly at her three year old son who is reading a book.

Victor looks up from his book and glances at his mother before sending a look in Anastasia's direction.

"Yes, mother."

Wanda beams at him and leans down to kiss her serious, a bit strange son's forehead.

"That's my good boy." She praises him and soon she walks upstairs to call her husband.

Anastasia looks at the child a little less anxious who has his eyes fixed on his book. But suddenly-

"I'm not going to hurt you."

Anastasia blinks in shock at the first words he ever spoke in her company and the words he said, doesn't match his three year old persona.

"I have observed that you aren't just socially awkward but you are scared from us. Not only us but your own family too. That's why I was reading this book on people's fear. I can only assume that it must be some kind of trauma you faced in past." He raises his book up as if to prove his point.

Anastasia is speechless and slowly trying to process these mature words coming out of a three-year-old-kid.

"That's why I found the need to assure you that I'm not going to hurt you. I don't think no-one from our or your family would. But I have doubts regarding your stepsister, no offence." Victor shrugs with his brows furrowed.

"But your brothers are nice. As you have seen my mother is pregnant- I'm going to be a brother soon and I'm aspiring to become one like your brothers. Even though they do not say but I can perfectly see worry and unconditional love running in their eyes." He speaks calmly and places his book down on the table.

"My mother never really talked about you but when she got pregnant, she became extra sensitive. She used to cry a lot saying that she misses you and aunt Angelina terribly. My mother is gullible because she loves and worry about others with her whole heart even though some people don't deserve it. It is concerning. She loves you too and I'm talking to you because I know you won't hurt her intentionally. That's why if you ever need my help, I will be willing to help you. It's my promise."

He holds his fist up.

Anastasia stares at it unblinking before it clicks in her mind. She slowly extends her fist up too and gently bumps it with him...

The comfortable moment between them is cut off as the door opens.

Victor looks up and a smile forms on his lips.