Chapter 4 (Someone Familiar)

Paul returned last night late

Paul returned last night late. He was completely high at that time that he could barely stand. Anastasia helped him to get to the bed and he immediately fell completely unconscious as soon his head hit the pillow.

Paul still wasn't up in the morning at the time Anastasia leaves the house. She cooks dinner for him and just like everyday places it in the fridge.

She has to change her regular path to get to her new school. Thanks to her old school Secretary who made it easy for her by writing down the address and briefly explaining the way to her so she somehow won't get lost in middle of her way.

Her new school is of an complete hour distance and she still have neutral feelings about this change. A prestigious private school doesn't seem like much but after again glancing at the uniform she is wearing, makes her want to reconsider her words.

This uniform is like something that costs fortune. She notices the new area she is walking in have some different kind of vibe. The buildings are beautiful and high nothing like the scrapes where she is used to live.

When her eyes accidentally makes contact with her reflection on the glass building, she gulps audibly. This give her appearance a new look. She almost misses the comfort of her hoodie in which she hides her frame completely and seems unnoticeable to people.

When she finally reaches in front of the huge gates of her new school, she deeply breathes in. The security guard bows his head making her eyes grow wide in shock. He lets her in after taking a look at her new ID card and gives her one polite smile.

Anastasia's mouth gaps as she ogles the castle like building, she still couldn't believe that she is going to be studying here for next 3 years.

She passes the parking lot which is a little crowded. Girls and boys are standing in different groups and simply just chatting with each other. The way they all are carrying their postures with such grace, it makes Anastasia look down uncomfortably.

Nobody seems to be paying attention to her as she slowly passes by them trying to locate the area that might lead to the administration area.

There the School Secretary greets her with a lip-toped smile and hands her, her schedule and provide her locker's code. She points out that she would find her books there while giving a undistinguished look to her almost tattered school bag.

Anastasia who didn't take a notice of it or maybe just not minding it, offers her a small smile and makes her way out of her office.

The hallways are packed by the time Anastasia manages to find her locker. Her ears picks up the sharp murmurs and whispers, her sixth senses lets her know about the eyes pointed at her back, but she continues to pray to be being invisible.

"Gross." One of the girl standing nearby Anastasia's locker rolls her eyes and steps out of the way while eyeing Anastasia up and down.

Anastasia takes her first and second lecture books and places them in her bag. She heads to her first class while taking a notice of glares and whispers that suddenly gradually decreases for whatever reason. She doesn't stick around to find out.

She knocks on the door and enters to find the teacher already present but still there's no signs of the students in the entire room.

Her teacher who is a kind woman in her mid-thirties, asks her to take a seat and goes back to settle her papers and documents.

A minute or something later, rest of the students starts arriving in. By the next 5 minute, the room is mostly packed. Their teacher start the lesson but Anastasia notices that hardly anyone is paying attention to her.

Few were staring here and there, some were talking and rest of them were on their phones. The girl sitting beside Anastasia is also busy chewing on a gum but it looks like she is paying a bit of attention on lesson.

Halfway through, the door of the room opens. Anastasia looks up from her textbook, every movement in the room pauses and even their teacher freezes for a moment.

A guy enters and Anastasia swears she can hear sharp intakes from the back. The girl beside her straightens up.

Without a word or paying attention to anyone, he makes his way to end of the classroom. His head held high and his posture is completely relaxed. As he passes by her, Anastasia notices his eyes.

They are of the color of familiar gray. Just like that guy from two nights ago.

Could they be connected? But why does her heart is racing so fastly just by looking at him and again it feels like she know him and even better than that previous guy?

Hope you guys like the double updates!!!!!!😍

Read up to chapter 11 on Patreon.. Link's in my profile