when you say something for the first time | all <3

your mute , but you finally say something for the first time !

readers pronouns: they/them

type: headcanon , fluff , imagine

――――――

FOR ALL

— you were mute ever since the turtle met you , and that was its own adventure on its own ! its been one full year and you still communicate with either sign language or writing what your wanting to say on a piece of paper and showing one of the turtles or a specific turle

— what they didn't know is that you're trying to start talking once again , but no one said it'll be easy on your own. every night you would stay up in your room and try your best to speak to yourself in front of the mirror.

— all these thoughts you have in your mind will take ages to write down on pieces of paper.

LEO

— you find leo on his bed in the lair , reading a comic book he's been wanting to read for a while. with a deep breath in and out , you entered his room and his face turned into a smile as he sat up.

— "so the angel comes out of hiding , i see?" he joked , causing you to pout. you've been away for a while due to social anxiety , but you've been trying to prevent seeing leo and the others.

— you at first opened your mouth to say something , but nothing came out. this caused leo to look at you curiously and pats the sit beside him , in this case , the bed.

— you slowly made your way over and sighed. "what's up? something you wanna talk about? should i get the paper?" he asked and before he stood up to do so , you took his hand and whispered.

— "i-i love you-" your voice was croaky , like you haven't had water for ages , but leo heard you loud and clear. looking back at him , you saw tears form in his eyes and you panicked.

— fuck , did i scare him-

— he embraced you in a hug , and you felt cold tears fall to your shoulder and leo's hand rubbed your back.

— "i thought i'd never be able to hear your voice , y.n !"' 

DONNIE

— you found the soft-shell turtle in his lab , tinkering with his battle shell , upgrading it and other stuff you didn't wanna go into heavy detail in.

— before you enter the lab , you took a deep breath and made your way inside , proceeding to trip over you own two left feet and faceplants to the floor , causing donnie to turn in his chair to find you on the ground rubbing your face.

— he chuckles to himself as he stands up , leaning on the wall beside you as he watches you stand up. "so did you come to just fall , or do you need something , y.n?"

— when you were about to speak , you suddenly pechs==ks his cheek and squeaks , 'i love you' and scurried away.

— the turtle in purple froze. moments later he chased after you , wanting and needing answers to the million questions he's got for you.

RAPH

— oh how he was so surprised when he heard your voice for the first time , and for him being the first one to hear it made him sob. you told just a little bit before bed , and you were nervous asf , you never spoke for so long you basically forgot how to.

— when you asked to talk to him , he invited you to his room with open arms. "so , y.n.n , what do you wanna talk about?" he asked , until he noticed he saw you didn't have the notebook you use to write your notes.

— "you forgot your book? no worries , i'll grab it-"

— you quickly yank him back , forcing him to sit back down on the bed and look at your with confusion.

— "y.n?"

— you took a deep breath and softly you let out a 'iloveyou'

— moments of silence when by , until suddenly you were cuddled in the arms of rapheal , and your face was buried in his shoulder while he basically bailed with tears in your hair.

— "I LOVE YOU TOO !"

MIKEY

— he doesn't know what to believe? the fact that he heard you speak or that he loves you? either way , he's sobbing like a child leaving a candy store.

— you wrote on his door that you needed to talk to him and it was important. talk? DOES THIS MEAN-

— faster than lighting mcqueen , he bolts to your room and pounces at you as you let out a small jump when he tackles you and smiled like a dork.

— "what did you wanna talk about y.n?" he emphasized 'talk' and you began to panic.

— you'd thought you'd have more time !! with a shakey breath , you paused for a moment before saying you loved him in the softest voice he's ever heard.

— his sudden squeal made you jump as he wrapped his arms around your neck and you both rolled off the bed continuing the hug.

— "YOUR VOICE IS SO SOFT AND PRETTY , I LOVE YOU SO MUCH Y.N.N"

"oh god"