scar appreciation | Rottmnt Boys

tumblr rq: I need some rottmnt headcannons of them kissing the scars you're ashamed of. Pretty please? 🥺

reader's pronouns are they/them ( gn reader <3 )

warnings are body shaming, insecurity talk, fluff, (maybe ) angst? also, sorry if the characters seem OOC ( out of character ) it's been a while since i've started writing for tmnt </3

🔪

Leo knew you didn't really like your body. He has for a couple of days now. Ever since the Kraang Invasion, you've gotten battle scars that stay permanent on your body. He would kiss your scars whenever he gets the chance. Waking up? Mwah. Cuddling? Mwah! Eating food? Mwah! Training? MWAH!! He tells you your body is beautiful, and you should never be ashamed of it. He loves you. He needs you to understand how to love yourself too. "What's there to be ashamed of? You're gorgeous, anyone would die to have these beautiful scars!"

Donnie isn't the best person who understands comforting. But insecurity? He's a magnet to it. He notices how many layers you wear now that you've met him, his brothers, and April. He found you on your bed in your room, hiding in walls of pillows and blankets. You were in the dark, watching some TV. He sat beside you in bed, and you leaned against his shoulder. He took your hand and pressed a small kiss to your scar. You looked at him as he smiled softly, "They're beautiful, dove. Don't forget that, okay?"

Raph loves your body. It breaks his heart when he sees you hate on it. The scars show bravery and courage, not pain and weakness. Turns out he's the only one who sees that. You have a huge scar on your cheek, just under your eyelid. You wear a mask so people don't get scared. When you and he are cuddling, you have your mask off no matter how ashamed it makes you feel for Raph to see this scar. He took your face in his large hands, pressing multiple kisses to the edges of it. "Stop hiding this scar, baby. It takes away the most beautiful side of you."

Mikey actually loves your scars. He likes to trace your scars, telling them how much they look like this or that. He doesn't understand why your insecure about them. They're so cute and adorable! He sees you crying over your body scars, you better be prepared for Doctor Delicate Touch at your doorstep. While cuddling he'll tell what he likes about your scars to you, what cool shapes he sees making your confidence nudge up. "This one looks like a cloud? Don't you think? And this one looks like a butterfly!"