when your uncomfortable with hand holding | all 💞

readers pronouns: they.them

type: romantic, headcanons, fluff, cute and goofy

quick note: i hope this was able to make your day/night <3 sorry if it starts off good and ends horribly, i tried to make it fun and goofy for all to read 💞

edited: I FORGOT RAPH HELP

leonardo is a turtle who doesn't really mind being touched. but if it's someone he doesn't really know or is close to, he won't say much but he'll try his best to squeeze out their grasp and give them an awkward smile.

so when he found you didn't mind being touched he would be at your side almost all the time hugging or cuddling you. like i said before, you didn't mind leo's touch but when he touches your hand you try your best to not let him interwind his fingers with yours because you were nervous around him.

could you blame yourself? this turtle is a walking one-liner and tease! anything he does makes you go red and embarrassed...he sometimes just looks into your eyes and flashes you a grin showing his teeth causing you to squeak and cover your cheeks in case they turn red in front of him.

the first time he tried to touch your palm you pulled away and locked your arm around his own, causing him to give you questioning look but he just shrugged it off thinking you didn't wanna be touched which he respects...but you do this too often...of course, he still thinks what he thinks but when you and he met and became a couple you always wanted to touch him and cuddle with him.

after a good month or two, he confronted you about the hand-holding situation and you told him you just didn't really enjoy hand-holding and you much rather have your arms locked around his own which he finds adorable! it makes him feel like a prince, walking his princess down the great ballroom like they were royals.

you knew he would tease you about the way he thinks this walk would make you guys look royal, and most times he would sweep you off your feet and dip you like you two were dancing.

leonardo's a goofy dork, but he's your goofy dork 💙

donatello does not like physical attention...at all. the way he shows affection is by compliments, taps to the head with his robotic arm, and just being with the person he cares for. his brothers know he doesn't like physical comfort, so when he's upset or something bothering him, they'll try to keep their distance until he's ready to speak...but michelangelo thinks hugs would cheer anyone up, so when mikey does hug donnie he does it softly and quickly before leaving him alone to reflect on his touch.

which is why he accepted the fact you didn't like hand-holding. because he wasn't a huge fan on the idea either, but he does notice your always trying to lock arms with him while you and him or sitting on the couch, going for a walk or just chllin' in his lab as you watch him tinker. to which he allows you to do so and doesn't question it as you place your head to his shoulder in the process.

you loved donnie's touch! you would think his skin was cold and a bit rough, but it's actually quite soft like a soft fabric was draped over his entire body as an extra pair of skin, especially near his real shell but you never dared to touch him there unless he was okay with it, which he barely is. you only get special treatment when he's half asleep on his bed with you.

overall donatello respects your boundaries and actually doesn't mind when you lock your arms with his, when he's not busy of course! 💜

raphael is a big boy! he loves to hug his brothers all the time when they need a pick me up, including donnie, who normally just stands there and a pout decorates his face -he secretly likes the attention thou- while raph just tries his hardest to cheer his brothers up.

when he and you became a couple, you would be on his shell as he walks around the lair. you're normally on your phone while raph smiles at his brothers who point up at you when they see you up there, which is normally leo or mikey questioning. you told him that you didn't really enjoy holding hands when you two started dating because you wanted to get it off your chest, to which he accepts and tried his best to not touch your hands.

you would have locked your arms around his but...their bigger than yours so it's kinda hard to do so. so he came up with the idea to place you on his shell...as long as he knows your there he's a-ok, including you!unlike donnies, raph's skin is rough and hard because of his species...but that doesn't stop anyone from hugging the living ooze out of him! 

so when you and him are cuddling, he has you in his arms as you're wrapped around him like a pig in a blanket as he places his chin under your head as he rubs your arms up and down as you snuggle into his plastron.

 raphael doesn't really mind you being uncomfortable to hand holding, he thinks hugs and snuggles are better, that's just his opinion ❤

michelangelo LOVES physical touch! he's a sucker for it and all of his brothers knew it was true! raph is normally the one to give him most of the attention, leo was a tie, and april and donnie was a tie for third. overall, he gets hugs 24/7 from anyone of his family members.

he thinks hugs give people comfort and confidence knowing someone is always there for them even if they don't feel like it. he also likes it when he gets attention because it makes him feel safe and he can be himself.

so when he found you didn't mind physical touch? oh boy, you unleashed the most adorable cuddle monster known to man. he would literally be clung to you when you and he cuddled on either the couch, floor, or his/you bed.

one time he tried to reach for your hand to interwind his fingers with yours as you and he walked along the streets of new york city with a basketball in his hand, but quickly you locked your arm with his arm, causing him to look at you with a pout.

he told you he wanted to hold your hand and swing it back and forth like cute couples do because he wanted to be the perfect boyfriend for you but when you gave him a sad smile, you told him you weren't comfortable with him touching you there.

now mikey tried not to ask why, but he can't help himself. he feels like is he knows at least why he can't touch your hands. you just told him that your hands get a bit sweating when too warm, so when he touches your hand he tends to hold it tight...causing the sweat and heat to stay closed in between yours and his hands.

when you told him, he tried his best to not touch your hand but he sometimes forgets, forcing you to remind him now and again.

michelangelo is just a sweet bean, and will do anything to make you comfortable around him 🧡