your worth it ! | leo <3 💙

readers pronouns: they/them

type: fluff , insecure talk , headcanon , imagine , scenario !

word count: 1, 45k

🛹

leonardo has a big ego and he along with everybody in the family knows about it. he isn't the type of guy to say he's insecure about something to anybody out in the open, he knows it's stupid ad childish to talk about your feelings to someone else ... but a certain someone teaches him that talking about your feelings can get so much off your chest and closer to those close to you !

"hey baby/" you called for your turtle boyfriend as you entered his room. you moved the curtain to see him on his bed, his knees to his chest and his headphones over his head. music blasting out of them, blocking out any outside noise like your entrance.

he looked up to see you by the door, smiling softly. "thought i find you in here? you weren't at dinner, so i went looking for you. so did the others, but apparently, they're that stupid to not look in the one place you'd be."

leo chuckles at your words, but soon that smile turns into a small frown as he looked at his bed sheets. you noticed this as you put your phone in your back pocket after texting the gang you found leo and to give him and you some space.

he doesn't look so good

you said to yourself as you made your way toward him, sitting on the edge of the bed as you looked at the floor in silence.

"what's on your mind, leo?" you asked as he took off his headphones and just started to play with the wire. all he did was shrug at your question, not paying much attention. you sighed quietly, unsure why the turtle in blue won't talk to you, you got him to smile once, maybe you can do it again.

"leo~" you smirked as you slowly crawled over to him, causing him to look back at you with a puzzled look ... until you raised your fingers and started to wiggle them. he felt his stomach drop when he heard your voice.

"you better tell me what's been on your mind before you make things worse for yourself~" you sang, leo's back hitting the wall as you pinned him to the bed. he covered his upper body with his arms and looked away from your grinning face that looked down at him.

"not wanting to talk yet?- damn, i usually never get this far-" you cracked your knuckles and dug your fingers to his skin where his plastron and underarms part. he let out muffled giggles and tried his hardest to keep his laughter in, crossing his legs together as he tried to bend his body to the right and left to dodge your tickly fingers.

"you can't hold it in forever~ you need to open your mouth eventually~" you teased as you placed your forehead to his own, making him unable to fail around without whacking you in the face or chest.

he still didn't break, but you were able to get a couple of giggles as he tried to not smile at your attack. "talk to me, baby~ TALK TO ME NOW~" you screamed in a singing voice that totally did not crack, i don't know what you're talking about.

"JUST TALK TO ME NOW LET IT OUT~" you sang once more, almost forgetting about tickling the turtle and just starting to sing. leonardo took the opportunity to take deep breaths and let small giggles out.

you smile down at him, your body on his hips and hands resting against your knees as he laid under you. "so mr. grumpy-pants?" you smiled as you poked his side, causing him to whine and squirm to the opposite side. "wanna tell me what's wrong? i will bring back the tickle monster if needed, you know how much i tickle the others? i can do twice as much damage to you-"

"no, please! please no more, i'll talk!" he begged his hands in front of him to stop you from attacking. you placed your hands back on your knees and got serious. "what's wrong?"

leo sat in silence for a moment. thinking about what to say, he's never really talked about his deep feelings to anybody, but he can trust you? right?

"i-i uhm, ... oh god ok- ... i have been feeling a bit .. what's the word? insecure .. lately and i don't know why?" he admitted, looking away from you as you took his hand and smiled at him. "what are you insecure about?"

with no words or sound, he points to the red marks over his eyes causing you to cock an eyebrow up at him. "leo, you've had those all your life? why are now feeling insecure about it?" leo sat in silence once more after you said that, and you quickly felt a rush of guilt fall over you like a wave.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to- it's okay."

you and leo made eye contact as he spoke over you, and you saw small tears at the edge of his eyelids. "it's just something dumb i've been fussing over about, don't worry!"

you couldn't sit here and let leo say this dumb stuff about his adorable red markings. you puff out your cheeks as you cupped his face and pecked his marks above his eye. "y.n, baby- what are you doing?" he asked as you pecked his mark now below his eyes, then went started again on his other eye marking, and repeated.

"y.n-ok, stop." he tried to push you off but you didn't budge, you stayed where you were and kept kissing, "this markings beautiful! *peckI and so is this one! *peck* there both beautiful and whoever can't see that is a blind jerk!" *peckpeckpeck*:"

"pfft-okay-okay! babe, stahap that! your so weheird!" he laughed with you as he stopped pushing you back. "then why aren't you stopping mehe?" "because you're too cute." "well so are you? that's no excuse, you like it!"

leo won't admit it, but he loves how much you love his looks and how much you care for him.

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————