HBH-Chapter 1-Bickering

Yeonjun sighed. He was currently bored. He was at his full-time job as a florist at Crowned Floral. His family owned it, parents and both sons working there too. Though between him and Beomgyu he was the only one working there full-time. He found love within the vibrant colours and unique scent of the flower shop he grew up with. He did have hobbies like dancing and writing, but who can say no to a good bouquet?

His younger brother; Beomgyu, was currently at university. Both of them haven't found their mate yet and are planning to find their partner around the same time.

It was a scary thing though when you find your mate because you may be faced with rejection. It's painful to both mates, hurting more for the omegas.

Yeonjun had no idea why on earth would someone want to reject their own mate? He was honestly fascinated. They were bonded. Meant to be. Destined. Soulmates. And severing that bond is almost like killing yourself.

Yeonjun was desperate. You know? Desperate to meet his mate. Most people would meet their mate by the time they turn 20.

Yeonjun turned 20 last year. He was sulky the rest of the year knowing that he was almost 21 with no mate in sight.

He was left waiting in reassurance thanks to his parent's love story. His parents also met late, 5 years after one of his dads turned 20. It was only after they were married that they decided to purchase a floral shop.

Their family was well known in the neighbourhood. Well known for the never ageing god-like dads and tall handsome sons.

They also put their good looks to work in the shop. Their heart stopping visuals brought in many boys, girls, the elderly, the middle-aged, the infants, the teens, and even couples into their store regularly. Not to mention, their other part-timers and full-time workers were also equally stunning.

"Hey Jun, you good?"

Yeonjun turned around to meet his best friend. "Yeah Woo, I'm all good just wondering when my mate will show up."

"Man, I'm glad I found San or else I'd end up looking like you." Wooyoung laughed obnoxiously loud.

Yeonjun quirked a brow, pushing himself off the counter, "What do you mean by that?"

"Yeonjun baby, you look like you're in your mid thirties, sitting around waiting for your suspected cheating husband to come back late every night. You know- Hey Mum!"

Yeonjun turned his head to look at the door but frowned as he saw his mum walk in.

Wooyoung was the type of friend whom your parents were willing to adopt because he was closer to them more than their own kid/s. It was no surprise if he started calling your parents mum and dad.

"Oh Wooyoungie! I didn't know you were working today." Jeonghan walked behind the counter, placing the stack of order for new flowers down.

"Not gonna even greet me, mum?" Yeonjun crossed his arms, puffing his cheeks out.

Jeonghan pulled at his airy cheeks. "Oh shut it, Junnie. We live together."

As the two argued and regular customers came in ignoring the normal bickering, a certain 2 came in.

"HELLO!!" A bag dropped to the ground, "I'm back~".

"God no."

"What do you mean 'God no?'" Beomgyu frowned at the 'greeting' from Yeonjun.

His mother gave him a kiss on his cheek and lifted his luggage off the ground just before a swarm of girls and boys came over.

"Beommie!"

"Beomgyu your back!"

"He's back?!"

"How was uni?"

"AH! KAI'S BEHIND HIM!"

"HUENING MARRY ME!"

"NO HE'S A BABY! MY BABY!"

Yeonjun pulled everyone into the back storage rooms. His hand squeezed his temple, "This is why. The two of you are back and so are your overly loud fans."

The two earlier mentioned shrugged before they went to hug mother Yoon.

Yeonjun was happy that his brother and one of his friends were temporarily back but it did mean that the floral store would start to become loud again(including the bickering from the two Chois).

Published: 03/10/2022

A/n: To any of the current readers, this story will be slow publishing. Sorry.