HBH-Chapter 7-The Invitation

To Yeonjun, this is Soobin.

I hope you're doing okay since yesterday and I apologise for leaving so quickly. I had to get a bouquet for my sister's birthday today which brings me to mention that I'd like to invite you to her party later tonight.

Her name is Arin and I don't expect you to come because of this short notice but I'll leave my number for the address: XXXX XXX XXX

-Choi Soobin

Yeonjun finished reading it and placed it down. The letter seemed cold but the sudden invitation made Yeonjun hesitate.

He'd been missing his mate all day yesterday but after reading the letter, it reminded him of WHO Choi Soobin was again. Going to a party full of all the Chois and their friends...that'll be a bad decision.

Though another part of him was excited that he had Soobin's number and that Soobin had thought of inviting him.

He wanted a second thought but he didn't know who to ask.

Wooyoung wants him to reject Soobin.

His family didn't know he had found his mate yet.

Yeji would surely dob on him to Wooyoung.

Then it left him with Heeseung.

"Heeseung can keep a secret, can't he?" He mumbled to himself and right on time, the mentioned omega stepped in.

"Oh Yeonjun? You're here?"

"Yeah, mum made me open the store today since my dad was sick."

Heeseung nodded his head as he walked into the change room. When he came out with his apron and uniform, Yeonjun held his wrist.

"I...I need advice but I need you to keep a secret," Yeonjun emphasised 'need'.

"Is this about Mr Choi?"

"Uhh..." Yeonjun thought about it, it was probably best not to lie, "...Yeah it is." He gave him the letter he found this morning and Heeseung quietly read it.

"It's cold."

"That's what I first thought too...You're mated aren't you?"

"Yeah to a gorgeous Beta named Jake," You could almost see the hearts in Heeseung's eyes. "I was blessed to meet him...because before him I was cursed."

Yeonjun looked at him with a different look. Heeseung looked down, "It's okay. I'm fine now. I've met him and met you and your family."

Yeonjun brought him in, "Tell me one day?" He felt Heeseung nod in the hug.

Heeseung broke the hug before giving a smile, "Now what kind of advice do you need?"

~

Yeonjun closed up the shop for the day, thinking about Heeseung's advice. It was good advice, advice he wouldn't come up with.

"I don't know what to do. Whether to go to the party or uhm I don't know...reject him?"

Heeseung sat Yeonjun down beside him as the two rested before customers came in. "What does you truly think Yeonjun? Don't listen to your wolf for a minute and think about what YOU want."

The latter remained silent, unsure of his scattered thoughts and feelings, then he knew what he wanted.

"I want him."

Heeseung smiled, "Then go get him."

Earlier, Yeonjun got Heeseung to type in Soobin's number for him into his phone. The two sat in the inaudible store as Yeonjun hesitated to press that green button.

"Are you going to reject him then?"

Yeonjun's eyes shot up to look at him, "What the fuck! Of course not."

"Then press it."

Before Yeonjun could come up with an excuse, his thumb slipped.

The room become even more silent as the rings echoed around, bouncing off the walls. After the third there was a scratched sound before a voice broke the silence,

"Hello? Who is this?? This is Choi Soobin's private number, and it says your number is unknown." A feminine voice pitched through and the two awkward omegas were unsure what to say. "Uhh anyone there?"

Then the two heard another voice, "Yah! Choi Arin! Stop taking my phone."

Yeonjun felt his tummy buzz again with butterflies as he heard that deep soft voice.

"Who'd you prank call this time?" You could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"Nobody. I didn't even get to. Some unknown number called you before I could."

"Get out."

"Fine Mr Grumpy pants."

Then there was no sound coming from the other line.

"Hey...did he leave?" Heeseung quietly whispered to Yeonjun. "Was that your mate?"

"I-I don't know...uhm do we hang up?" The omega whispered back, unsure if there was anybody on the other line.

Then they were answered, "Please don't hang up."

Published: 29/10/22

A/n: you guys have been really pesky with updates. I haven't even gotten the time to write! Messaging me at 3am?? Wow, so needy 🙄.