HBH-Chapter 18-Searching

He was standing there right by the edge of the stream of water, the quiet rustling of leaves from the trees behind him moved against every push of breeze. Sure, it was getting late and nobody else was around anymore but the omega didn't feel the want to head home just yet.

He stood there, hands tucked and warmed in the pockets of his hood, dark hair strands falling over his eyes, giving him little view of the dark surroundings. He felt relaxed, at peace and at a state where he could almost forget about everything. Except for the bloody headache.

A pang hit his head and Yeonjun felt a rush throughout his whole body, his lower half dropping everything. He stumbled around on the uneven ground, the unbalanced weight of his body shifted uncomfortably as he became dizzy with time. Then he tripped and a loud splash of water was heard before he gasped.

He ended up in the stream's strong current at night, the heavy forces of pushing and dragging took him further downstream than he would've wished. He was incredibly weak everywhere in his body, unable to swim and get himself out of the water. He tried screaming but the intake of water every time he opened his mouth blocked him but he knew that the effort would go to waste anyway with the fact that nobody was around at this time of night.

Slowly but surely, the omega started to give in, accepting his fate. With the upset heart that he never truly got to know his alpha mate.

"What's wrong?"

Beomgyu could barely focus on the voice through the phone, he was panicking. "Yeonjun hyung isn't back yet and I know I shouldn't have let him out in that state without anybody...What if something happened to him?!" Beomgyu tried to keep his voice low, his parents asleep in the house but he was more afraid that the sour scent of his pheromones would send an alarm. "He just left 15 minutes ago but I'm scared that something happened and he's not coming back."

"Did he say where he was going?" Heeseung asked with patience, knowing that anything wrong he said could be taken to the heart of the other omega but they had little time, especially if anything did happen to Yeonjun.

"No...but I have a good idea on where he probably would be. He's always heading to that wide stream under the bridge when he zones out and doesn't know where he's going." Beomgyu replied in a rush, "I'm gonna head there actually." He started putting on his brown cardigan he took off earlier, already pushing the front door open.

Beomgyu could hear some rustling and movement on Heeseung's side of the line, "I'll meet you there and I'll call some back up." Beomgyu hummed, agreeing before ending the call. He really hoped nothing had happened to Yeonjun because without him, what was he going to do?

It was a bit of time and effort before Beomgyu and Heeseung were out of energy, drained and panting. They've been searching for 20 minutes around the area of the park and stream. Beomgyu grabbed a fistful of hair, plopping himself onto the grassy ground with a scream.

"We're not going to find him, Heeseung..." Beomgyu wailed, crying into Heeseung's embrace once the other omega hugged him. Then he thought about what Heeseung had said on the voice call earlier, "Where is that backup—person you called?" He asked with teary eyes and Heeseung looked uneasy.

There was a bit of silence and tension.

"Hyung's mate."

Beomgyu's eyes widened, pushing himself off Heeseung before an angry emotion took over. "Where is he?!"

"I called him when he was around 30-45 minutes out of Seoul...he's just as worried." Heeseung sighed, knowing that Beomgyu had prejudice against Yeonjun's mate.

"That alpha is a jerk," Beomgyu spat, no mercy with his emotions, "He hasn't done anything or tried for Yeonjun at all! He wouldn't be helping now!"

"Who said I wasn't?" A voice behind them spoke, low and strained with exhaustion. Beomgyu watched Heeseung's face melt with relief but Beomgyu would not believe it.

"Why is one of the Chois...especially Choi Soobin here?" Beomgyu was cautious with his words, the tension between them was not very friendly.

"I'm Yeonjun's mate..." Beomgyu felt his insides snap. Was that why Yeonjun hid who his mate was. Because his mate was on of the ruthless and merciless Chois of the country? "Where is he?" Soobin asked, eager and alarmed, his instincts and scent was running wild. The minty ocean breeze of it threw all the omega's off.

"We can't find him." Heeseung quietly spoke up, the submissive nature of him wanting to bare his neck for the alpha but he declined. Before anything else could be said or done, Soobin began running off. His alpha demanded he get to this destination before it was too late so Soobin trusted him that they would find their omega before it was too late. His instincts went rigid with every touch his foot made on the ground, the pump of his heart in his ear.

He pulled himself to a stop as his alpha commanded and Soobin started his job. He turned and went close to the water, begging that Yeonjun was not in the water of all places. He started to search anyway, his eyes narrowing at any sight of movement and just as he was about to turn the other way to look around the park, a piece of clothing caught his attention.

The current was dragging the omega down the stream and Soobin was fucking lucky at where he was. With no hesitation, he jumped in, not caring about the damage it would do to his designer suit and personal items on him as the only sole thing on his mind was getting his omega back safe into his arms.

Published: 05/02/2023

A/n: Happy birthday to our sweetest Taehyun! He may be 21 but he's still a precious member that holds the galaxy in his smile and eyes.