HBH-Chapter 16-Icecream, You Scream

"You can't be serious...are you?"

"Hyung, just take the offer when I'm offering to buy ice cream." Beomgyu rolled his eyes, before snatching his car keys off the basket on the kitchen counter.

Yeonjun grinned, putting down his own wallet without a second thought, "Okay! Don't need to tell me twice."

"Hyuka's coming too, so I'm gonna need to drive to his place." Beomgyu tapped away on his phone, not looking up from the screen once. He was already walking out the door and into the driveway and Yeonjun followed closely behind.

"Uh uh uh!" Beomgyu stuck a hand out in front of Yeonjun, stopping him from hopping into the passenger seat.

"What is it now Beom?" Yeonjun poked his tongue at the inside of his cheek. He crossed his arms and leaned on his left side.

"Hyuka's sitting there. I don't want to deal with your stinky ass next to me."

Yeonjun lips formed a straight line as he swung the door behind him open, "Yeah sure. Don't even think for a second that I want to be sitting next to you either."

"Good," and the car's engine roared to life. The two of them sat in silence. Beomgyu had his eyes on the road(which was good and very smart of him)and Yeonjun had his eyes glued on his phone.

Recently, he had gotten quite close to Heeseung after he helped Yeonjun with his 'Soobin' situation. And right now, he was messaging the group chat about their future meet up with him, Hee, Woo, and another close friend of Yeonjun and Wooyoung. The two of them wanted to introduce Heeseung to Changbin.

He kept reassuring Heeseung that Changbin will love him as the younger male kept expressing his nerves. He chuckled.

"What's got you laughing, hyung?" He didn't even realise Huening had gotten in the car next to Beomgyu.

"Heeseung and Wooyoung's argument, in the group chat." Yeonjun scrolled on his phone before he turned and raise it so his brother and Huening could read the argument currently happening.

WOOWOOthePOPO
little dumbass my mate is better than yours

spaghettHee
as if you pile of cowshit

WOOWOOthePOPO
hell nah because junis met my mate

spaghettHee
well hes met mine too

WOOWOOthePOPO
no he hasnt stop making shit up

ME
no hes not lying
jake saved my life too
when i met him for the first time

WOOWOOthePOPO
and...U NEVER TOLD ME
gasp
i am in denial

"Pssh, those two? Never would've thought." Beomgyu turned his attention back to the front of the car, sound of the engine roaring into their ears.

From then on, the conversation between Hueningkai and Beomgyu was tuned out, with Yeonjun paying no attention to anything at the moment. He simply stared out of the car window, nothing in particular catching his eye.

It wasn't long till they made it to the ice cream parlour at the edge of the neighbourhood park.

The sound of the bell chiming as they swung the clear glass door open, alerted the omega behind the counter of their presence.

Hueningkai, with his bubbly personality, made his way immediately. Seemed like he already charmed the part-timer with his bright smile.

"Hi! Could I please have 2 mint chocolates and~ vanilla ice cream in cones!" Hueningkai handed over Beomgyu's card with ease after the omega punched in the price on the payment terminal. The omega let them know it won't take long, so the three of them sat down at one of the tables.

"Honestly...I can't believe you two like mint chocolate. It's utterly disgusting." Beomgyu stuck his tongue out in disgust, groaning when Yeonjun flicked his head.

"Don't say that when there are two mint chocolate lovers in front of you." Yeonjun leaned back into his chair, arms crossed with a lazy slouch. He took his time admiring the interior of the ice cream parlour, always amazed at how simple but classy it looked every time he came here.

"Listen—Even the employee found it disgusting! You two were busy ogling at all the flavours of ice cream and didn't even notice the disapproving look they sent!" Beomgyu was riled up, like he always easily was, making other customers throw looks at him. Yeonjun sighed, pinching the spot between his brows. Hueningkai managed to calm Beomgyu down as the part-timer called out their number for their ice cream. "I'll go get it." Hueningkai and Yeonjun nodded.

"So, I heard you found your mate." Hueningkai started their next topic but frowned at the shrugging Yeonjun.

"I mean—I don't know...He's nothing I was expecting and I'm very lost with him now. Last time I saw him was him being a grumpy meanie." Yeonjun ended with a pout and Hueningkai cooed at him like a baby.

Beomgyu interrupted them, abruptly slamming their ice creams into their hands, "You didn't tell me that." He glared at his hyung before taking a heavy lick of his vanilla ice cream.

"It wasn't that long ago." Yeonjun took a lick, smiling stupid at the taste of creamy mint and chocolate as he thought about it. "But! There was some man I met that night. He was really sweet to me and took care of me the whole night till I left."

"What does he look like?!" Hueningkai screeched before Beomgyu had to shush him by shoving Hueningkai's (now empty cone) into his mouth. Beomgyu muttered something like crazy ice cream freak before asking the same question as Hueningkai previously did.

"I don't remember. Everything's in a constant blur but! But! I remember his scent...I think?" Yeonjun ended up confusing himself. Had he really drunken that much to not even remember any faces of the night. "Oh! I also ran into San there."

"At the party?" Beomgyu questioned.

"Yeah. Though the same gentleman pushed him away too."

"Not gonna lie to you hyung. That's kinda sus though." Hueningkai frowned, not liking the fact that his hyung was with some creepy suspicious man the whole night. "And your mate. He did nothing? Invited you and left you alone?"

Yeonjun winced at the thought. He hadn't really thought about it in that way but Soobin sounded like a complete jerk compared to the gentleman he was with that night. He took another lick of mint chocolate. "I—yeah...he did."

"Whatever. I'm gonna kill your mate when I see him but for now, definitely rooting for 'Mr Gentleman.'" Beomgyu shoved the remaining piece of his cone into his mouth before grabbing some of the tissues on the table to wipe the ice cream around his mouth.

"Me too! Mr Gentleman all the way!" Hueningkai waved his hands in the air and Yeonjun smiled at them though, he couldn't help about the sour squeeze in his chest. What did Soobin want with him that night? Did he even want him? He sighed, throwing the wet tissue of melted ice cream into the bin.

"Let's go."

"Where?" Beomgyu shot out of his seat, running after Yeonjun and Hueningkai.

"Let's just walk around the park for a bit." Yeonjun answered after tying his loose shoelaces up and Hueningkai nodded excitedly, before screaming at a bird that shit on Beomgyu's exposed forearm.

Published: 19/01/2023

A/n: Sorry for no updates but like I said, story is still on hiatus!