HBH-Chapter 9-His Driver

"Mr Yeonjun?"

"Uh yeah- that's me."

"I was sent by Young Master, or as you would know him as Mr Choi." The driver pulled the car door open, "Have a seat and I hope you'll enjoy the ride."

Yeonjun sat quietly and tightly, scared to even move an inch. He recognised this car.

It was the car Mr Choi was in the other day.

The omega gripped his bag on his lap tightly, also careful to not make any sounds. He didn't even know why but he just felt like he shouldn't do anything. In the moment, he felt so sweaty. When he looked down his shirt, he could see beads of sweat pressed against the tight red clothing.

"Uhm...Sir? How long will the drive take?" Yeonjun felt hoarse, desperately needing some water.

"20 minutes at most," The driver looked at Yeonjun through the rear-view mirror. "There's water in the compartment in the middle."

Yeonjun nodded in embarrassment. The driver must've seen Yeonjun smacking his lips due to his parchment.

"You know..." The driver quietly started a conversation, "...you're different."

Yeonjun gave him confused eyes.

"I'm sure you've heard the rumours circling Young Master and his family. I have no say that anything is true or not, because even if I've been with them since the young master was a toddler, I still am unaware of many things about them."

"You look quite young."

The older man that Yeonjun recognised as a beta laughed, "Thank you but I assure you that I am nowhere near 'young'."

"How old are you?" Yeonjun sat up straighter, the current topic piquing his interest.

"I'm old enough to be your grandpa."

Yeonjun jumped back in his seat, "Really?! You look around my parents age...and they're quite young."

The older beta chuckled, eyes still on the road, "The young master has changed over the years. When he was young he has always been the quiet smart type. Without a doubt, his father was delighted with this because it meant his eldest child was qualified to take over the family business. But both of his parents could agree that they wanted the young master to make friends and have fun like any other parents would."

Yeonjun nodded, showing that he was listening.

"He became brighter when he entered middle school. He met a friend and had so much fun but that friendship bloomed into something else."

"Love?"

The beta nodded, "Yes. Love. They started dating, not caring about a thing in the world. His parents loved young master's boyfriend but soon they hated him."

"Why?"

"Because young master's boyfriend cheated on him."

Yeonjun spilled some water.

"Oh my- sorry."

"It's alright. There's tissues in the compartment too."

As Yeonjun cleaned his mess, he motioned the beta to continue.

"Young master's parents were in absolute rage. They hated seeing their son depressed, stuck in his room and isolated from everything and everyone. So...they got revenge. Rumours circulated after their little 'revenge' and it's where I can't separate the truth from the lies...After this incident, more things that the Chois hid resurfaced. I was shocked but I couldn't leave the family because they were like my own. But nobody could do anything for the young master anymore. He later got into fights with his classmates, seonbaes and other students in the area. Soon enough, he was home-schooled instead but he would never interact with his family anymore."

Yeonjun felt the car smoothly turn left and later turned right.

"After graduating, he immediately took over the business. Nobody forced him. He just did. His parents were worried but he didn't care. He got into scandals with celebrities and more rumours about him grew. He's dated and hooked up with countless and so many people, in and out of public. He's been used more times than loved. Young master didn't care what others thought but he quieted his actions for his siblings; Mister Hyunwook and Miss Arin. He cared and cherished his siblings in the most silent way and they knew that was how he showed love."

"You mentioned it before but how am I any different?" Yeonjun didn't know what to think. He was unsure about Soobin now but obviously it was too late to turn back.

"He hasn't said much about the last few days but I saw you there at that floral store."

"You were there?"

"I was the driver then, now and the past but not once since his first love, has anyone made him smile like that."

Yeonjun looked down, playing with fingers. "It was a small smile."

"No. After we left, he had smile plastered on his face the whole way back to his family home."

"Surely not." Yeonjun tilted his head, "That was our first encounter."

"And he's invited you to his home?"

"I-I don't know. He's confusing and scary...but soft?" Yeonjun bit his lip as he thought.

The car was at a halt, parked in an empty private space. The beta stepped out of the vehicle, opening the door on Yeonjun's right. They both shared a bow before the beta smiled, "You really are different."

Published: 09/11/2022

A/n: I've been sick lately and not in the best condition to write but here's a chapter for the needy readers.