HBH-Chapter 2-Nearly that time

Yeonjun stared at his ceiling, lost in his own thoughts.

He could hear the shouts and arguments coming from Beomgyu as he played his video games.

He could never really understand how someone can be on the screen for hours, and if not; minutes.

Perhaps he was a little too sensitive. He was always just a little bit different from other Omegas.

He sighed. Pushing himself off of his bed. He stretched solemnly, having a quiet yawn come through.

He sat himself back down on the bed again. He was a bit unsure of what to do next.

He was bored out of his head, having no work or plans for the day. He was just left at home with his gaming brother.

Beomgyu had come back 4 days ago and today their parents had gone out of town to pick up the new order of flowers.

Yeonjun had insisted on coming along but his parents planned multiple 'little' dates too. And he knew why.

It was almost Spring. Which meant Heat cycles.

'Fuck it.'

Yeonjun cursed in his head as he rolled around in his bed.

He hated his heat cycles. Especially with no mate or partner to help him, it was almost like entering the gates of hell.

And he hated feeling so vulnerable. He felt so weak and fragile during his heats and it didn't help either that he was a purebred Omega too.

Yeonjun had his suppressants but it didn't seem to help him at all. It seemed to only and slightly help during the early stages.

He suddenly shot up from his bed, his hair in a fluffy mess.

He was met with the view of his 'nest'(his comfort place). It looked so empty, sad and not comforting at all.

He sighed, knowing that he had to go shopping at some point before spring.

He rolled off the bed, landing into his nest. His princess nose(his mother liked to call Yeonjun's nose that)met with a pillow. It smelt of him. Just himself.

Then a certain Choi came barging in.

"YAH CHOI YEON-oh."

Beomgyu found a moody Yeonjun resting in his nest. "It's almost that time again?"

"Yeah..."

Beomgyu sat down, leaning into Yeonjun's open arms.

"You think we might find our mates soon?"

"I mean hopefully but we're still young. You just turned 20 this year."

"You're almost 21. And everyone else has already found their mates." Beomgyu sulked, pushing Yeonjun off of him.

"It's not just us, y'know." Yeonjun frowned, "It's just harder for purebreds."

Beomgyu scoffed, "If only the Moon Goddess could see how much we purebred omegas are suffering."

"Yah! Don't blame the Moon Goddess."

"You and your moon obsession." Beomgyu rolled his eyes.

"You and your gaming addiction." Yeonjun rolled his eyes at him.

"Fuck you!"

"No thanks ugly."

~3 weeks later

"Hey Jun. You alright there buddy?"

Yeonjun gave a pained smile to Wooyoung. "I'm fine, I think my body is just preparing to go into heat, even though it's a while away."

"Need some suppressants?"

"No...not yet."

"I know they're expensive and all but if you need them Jun, take them."

"Woo, I know and I will. It's just too early and I'm not in heat yet." Yeonjun reassured his friend, thankful for him in the moment.

"It's always been like that. I hope it'll just change one day for you."

Yeonjun bit his lip in deep thought, "Mhmm...I hope so too."

Then Yeonjun smelt something so fucking strong. He jumped back.

"Fuck off Woo. Did you wear your stinky ass perfume again?"

Wooyoung frowned at him before sniffing himself, "No I didn't and fuck you. My perfume smells amazing, San loves it."

"No he just loves your scent-".

Then the two friend's eyes met.

Published: 09/10/2022

A/n: So I'd like to say that Spring will be occurring around September where Yeonjun's birthday occurs too. Thank you to the early and patient readers. If I get anything wrong around the omegaverse please comment or message me privately. Ty <33.