HBH-Chapter 17-Fever

It was stupid of Yeonjun, really. With his crashing thoughts and past interactions with Soobin, he was beginning to lose track of time and himself with his internal thoughts.

It led to him burning up with a fever. He wasn't sure what led him to the cause, maybe the lack of food or the consumption of something rather odd.

It's been two days since his crash of a fever and it's been annoying the omega. He's been stuck inside, coped up with nothing and eventually Yeonjun's just shut out everything.

It may be ridiculous but he really wanted to see Soobin. Yeah, his supposed mate hasn't been the best but surely, there had to be answers for all his actions. Even as he thought about Soobin, his mind still led him back to the warmth of a gentleman he met at Arin's birthday party.

The words the gentleman had said still confused him, not making any sense and it hurting his brain even more with the countless theories he was coming up with. But, he did realise something late but San knows the gentleman. Perhaps, even working under him? He'll certainly contact him soon through Wooyoung.

Before he knew it, the sun had already begun to set, only little streaks of yellow still painted light in the sky coloured purple and pink. The street lights luminated a path and it struck an urge in Yeonjun.

Slowly, he crawled out of bed, making his way to his closet. With only little time, he changed into items closest to him. A hoodie on top of his loose t-shirt he has been wearing for the day, he removed his shorts for sweatpants then put on some joggers, making his way downstairs. But before his hand could clasp the handle of the front door, a voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?" Beomgyu crossed his arms, a stick of pocky sticking out of his mouth. There was a scowl on his face and a concerned look.

"For a walk." Yeonjun quietly responded, not exactly sure how his dongsaeng would react.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes, taking out the pocky, holding it in between his fingers instead but decided to use it as a weapon. He pointed it towards Yeonjun like a fencer, his position of legs spread and low. He growled, "You have a fever. You're not going out."

Yeonjun, if not for the current threat, would've laughed at Beomgyu, "I know which is why a little short walk outside would give me some relief. I've been feeling stuffy, Beomgyu." Said omega, relaxed his expression and straightened himself up before sighing.

He gave in, "Fine. Okay. Fine! Don't be too long because I know that dad would hate to see you out at night...alone."

"It's fine. It'll only be 10 minutes. Max." Yeonjun smiled, giving a small squeeze to Beomgyu's shoulders as he moved him out of the way. When he swung the door open, a cool breeze instantly embraced him and he sighed in content. This was what he needed.

"Bye, hyung!" Beomgyu yelled as Yeonjun was already down the driveway but regardless Yeonjun yelled back.

Yeonjun closed his eyes, hands warm in the pockets of his hood, feeling the evening air all around him. He felt so much better already. Completely fresh too.

He didn't know how long he was walking with his eyes closed because when he opened them he found himself far from his house and it was dark. He would've been blinded if not for the helpless street lights.

He did recognise where he was though, underneath a small bridge. Even though it was dark, he heard the cars driving above him. He bent down, picking up a small smooth rock before tossing it into the wide stream of water in front of him. He watched as the rock skid above the water a few times before it sunk to the bottom.

He could see other people, most likely couples, packing away their picnic rugs and food into their vehicles and Yeonjun shrugged to himself. It wouldn't be too bad to be alone.

That's what he thought.

Published: 29/01/2023