HBH-Chapter 3-First Encounter

Yeonjun pulled his eye contact away from Wooyoung's but he felt like time was slowing down as he met those dark chocolate orbs that stared down on him.

Yeonjun's breath hitched, his heart beating incredibly fast. He couldn't even think. And when he did...it wasn't the best thoughts.

'Fuck this is too sudden-'

'shit I'm in my ugly work clothes'

'what if he rejects me- holy shit his fucking scent'

Yeonjun's mind went overboard as he over-thought the situation.

"Hey..."

Yeonjun finally broke out of his thoughts from a deep voice.

"Uhm..H-Hi?" Yeonjun silently scolded himself in the head for stuttering. He had practised countless times of greeting and introducing himself to his mate.

His mate was certainly taller than him, had a piercing cold gaze belonging to a face sculpted beautifully by the Goddess. His night black hair was pushed back with gel, shining under the light.

He felt the gaze on his clothes and Yeonjun panged with embarrassment.

He heard a mumble come from the taller than his name.

"...Yeonjun. It's a pretty name."

Yeonjun nodded quietly as a thank you and it 100% grew quiet.

There weren't many customers today either on the early weekday. It was just Him, Woo, another two workers in back, two grandparents, 3 couples and his mate.

Before Yeonjun could open his mouth to say anything else, Wooyoung barged in. "Sorry to interrupt but is there anything I can do for you?"

The man that stood in front of the two never peeled his eyes away from Yeonjun as he pulled out his slick dark wallet, taking out a black card and placed it on the counter.

"A medium size bouquet of pink and yellow roses. Wrap it in white kraft paper, tie it with multiple shades of pink ribbon, and add a bouquet of..." he paused as he eyed the small omega in front of him, "...mixed flowers on the side."

Wooyoung and Yeonjun were surprised by his quick and neat order but the side order confused them.

"Mixed?" Yeonjun squeaked out.

The man's eyes fell back on his mate, "Mmm Yes."

"What do you mean by that?" Wooyoung paused his order.

"A mixed range of flowers." He folded his arms over, seeming intimidating.

"Like one thing of everything?" Yeji, another part-timer, walked in, coming out from the back.

"Yeah something like that."

Though he was confused, Wooyoung wrote everything down.

"Can I get a name for that order?"

The customer thought for a moment after tapping his card to pay, "Choi Soobin."

Did I mention that it was quiet earlier? Because it grew even more quiet. Dead Silent.

There was a sudden change in Wooyoung's tone, it was almost threatening. "You won't mind waiting for a moment?"

Soobin raised a brow at this, "Of course not."

Then he walked out of the door. The bell at the top rang as if to remind Yeonjun he just met his mate.

"That- Holy fuck. That was my mate."

"What?!" Yeji stopped in her tracks, dropping the white kraft paper onto the ground. "You can't be serious."

"I am being serious. It felt like time was slowing down when I met his eyes and-".

"Reject him." Wooyoung cut him off.

"What." Yeonjun gave him a confused expression. He didn't realise who his mate was but Wooyoung certainly did.

"Do you know who that is?"

"My mate?"

"No. Choi Soobin."

Choi Soobin...

Choi Soobin...

Choi Soobin...

Yeonjun froze.

Published: 12/10/2022

A/n: I hope it wasn't confusing or at least too confusing. But any predictions??