HBH-Chapter 15-Hangover

"Shit~ why does my head—Mum...Mum~...Mum!" Yeonjun whined loudly, the aching and throbbing pain in his head, brought his body into contortion.

The bedroom door of his room slammed into the wall as Jeonghan burst into the room in worry but the worry turned into disbelief at the view of his son.

Yeonjun had half of his body on the bed and half of it on the floor. His hair, too was in a mess (like it usually was) and he just kept on groaning.

"My head hurts so bad," Yeonjun held a fistful of his dark hair with a frown. He was still in a sleepy state, hair falling around and eyes struggling to adjust to the morning light.

"It's what you get for drinking so much last night." Jeonghan crossed his arms with raised brows.

"I—don't even remember what happened." Yeonjun dragged the rest of his body off the bed and sat cross-legged on the floor, a very large visible pout came into place and so did some sleep drool.

"Mr Lee, a very kind man, dropped you off. I can't tell you much of what happened before that." Jeonghan sighed, bending down to his son to wipe the drool off his chin with his spare handkerchief.

Yeonjun sat there, obediently, with his chin pointing upwards, thinking hard about last night.

It was just a blur.

He could remember Soobin having an attitude, then meeting Arin, later hanged with San, then someone else for the rest of the night.

He can't remember what he did or said, even the conversations.

God—he feels giddy for some reason with the thought of that 'no faced' person.

He then abruptly hoped that he didn't do anything stupid last night.

If he could get the chance, he'd thank the person for watching and spending time with him.

He winced again.

That hangover was starting to piss him off.

"I'll make you some hangover soup. Beomgyu's already up so toughen up a bit or else, his loudness will give you an even more ringing headache."

"Mhmm. Okay..."

Jeonghan placed a peck on the top of his head before walking out the door and closing it behind him. His footsteps heard, tapping away against the wooden flooring.

It wasn't long till Yeonjun was awake, still a bit sleepy but awake. He waddled his way out of his room, then safely made it downstairs.

When the aroma of the soup hit him, he felt enlightenment. He followed the smell, almost floating, until he found himself already sitting tightly at the table.

From a distance, he could hear Beomgyu yelling at someone. Probably a kid he's unmercilessly bullying for loot and fun. Mostly fun.

Jeonghan came over and carefully put down the bowl of hangover soup. He then placed a small bowl of rice and spoon beside it.

"Thank you for the food." Yeonjun quietly mumbled before hungrily stuffing himself with rice than drinking soup to help swallow it down. He was chewing loudly.

"Slow down, love. You've got all day." Jeonghan spoke behind him, placing a hand on his back. "I'll be going out now to pick up the groceries so behave."

Through mouthfuls, Yeonjun muttered something along the lines of, "You should be telling Beomgyu that. Not me."

"Alright, alright. I'm telling him too." Jeonghan removed his hand and disappeared somewhere behind the wall then a loud "OKEH!" was heard from upstairs.

"Is dad still sleeping?"

Jeonghan picked up his car keys then visor hat and shiny sunglasses, "Yeah. Tell him he can have some hangover soup too. He drunk again last night and I had to deal with his emotional ass."

Yeonjun released a small laugh at the memory of Seungcheol curling into a ball and asking Jeonghan to pet him like a kitten as he cried about his brother, Hoshi, stealing his bucket hat and shoes, "Ha...Hmm yup, okay. Bye mum."

"Okay honey, bye~." Then the front door was shut.

Not so long after the sound of Jeonghan's car roared to life, Seungcheol out of his room into the kitchen, rubbing his neck and stretching his legs. His hair too, had fallen over his eyes. The sound of his bare feet patted against the cold wooden flooring.

"Your mum's out already?" He yawned, stretching his arms.

"Just left for groceries."

He nodded, understanding. "Anything for me?"

"Hangover soup for you too, Dad."

Seungcheol slowly made his way over to the pot sitting on the stove, before grabbing a bowl of rice and filling it up with soup. He made his way over to the table and sat across from Yeonjun.

"Thank you for the food."

Then the two sat in silence as they enjoyed their hangover soup in the early morning.

Published: 15/12/2022

A/n: Am I back? Is the story back? IDK!