{~ chapter 0.5 ~}

💌

The starting sentence

" 너는 별을 보자며 내 몸을 당겨서 "

-

Welcome: Teyvat Secondary Academy

The white sign with seven symbols at the bottom loomed over her figure. Y/n had been blankly staring at the board for a solid five minutes, and was thankful no other teachers walked passed her They would be rather concerned at the new teacher's current state.

Squeezing on the strap of the simple messenger bag, the young woman took another breath. Placing one foot in front of another, she flinched at the metal door handle that gave her a slight zap upon contact.

Only having taught primary schools with colourful papers on windows, stuffed animals, and tiny children colouring with thick crayons until now— this place felt like a colourless prison ward. The high school was bland with a gray and black theme indoors. Only occasional pots of plants were present as sad decorations. Shaking off the depressing aura, she stepped into the teacher's lounge. The smell of coffee overwhelmed her senses, being barely past seven in the morning. A pink haired lady in a black blazer and one in a flowy purple dress was chatting on one side of the room.

"Oh? An unfamiliar face." Both pairs of eyes turned towards the new addition who stood there frozen. The first day and she was already have to have conversations with..... Grown adults. "Good morning cutie. I'm ms. Minci, the head librarian of Mondstadt department. This is ms. Yae. The history teacher in Inazuma."

Putting on a cheerful smile, Y/n turned to them with nearly wobbling legs. "Morning. I'm L/n, just starting today." Nervously fiddling her tumbler filled with coffee (that definitely had more milk, than the actual coffee) she took another breath before speaking up again. "I'm in charge of Inazuma, Liyue, and Sumeru department visual art. I hope we get along!" Cringing at the crack of her voice by the end of the sentence, Y/n smiled cheerfully. She was met with a rather.. Unnerving smirk.

"I'm glad another art teach came in, the last two mysteriously both retired around the same time. I do hear from rumors they were having.." She smirked and looked at her companion. "—A rather school inappropriate contact behind the building." Minci put a hand over her mouth to cover her smile at the old memory. Y/n blinked and looked back and forth between them, deciding on what to do. They reminded her of the girls back when she was in high school that always smelled so— rich(?) and would sit at the back laughing with each other, sitting on the desks rather than the chairs meant for them to sit on.

"What school are you from, ms. L/n? I don't know of any other high schools around here."

"Ah. I previously taught at the elementary school nearby. I was brought in because of staff shortage."

The two ladies turned to each other, before Yae burst into laughter and ms. Minci swirled her drink nervously. Offering her a sympathetic smile, she pat the seat next to them. "Ah.. A primary school teacher, explains why you look like a student SEA." Lowering her tone slightly, she thoughtfully closed her eyes in how to put her words together. "It's not that the students here are bad, but it's going to be tough from teaching one digit ages to puberty hit teens. Ugh, the district and their trash staff management."

The youngest teacher present sat on the comfortable chair and munched on a cookie that was on a pretty plate nearby. Just the thought of going back to days of sweaty gym lockers and hallways flooding with people was terrifying even to remember. "Haha. You look rather concerned. Don't sweat it too much, but address me as Miko when not around those kids."

Nudging the brunette slightly, she chuckled and placed her cup down. "Call me Lisa with the same conditions as Miko. And you?"

Shaking her head, she finally snapped out of your thoughts. Millions of scenarios already swarmed her head. From scenes where someone cuts someone else's hair, a huge fight breaking out in her class, and many more. She were probably overreacting... Right? "Sorry. In that case, I'm fine with Y/n between us."

"I can already tell you're not going to survive that long." Yae stated somewhat bluntly. "Hm.. What was the class across from the art room between Inazuma and Sumeru.... 205? 206? But let me tell you, the shortie in charge of that class has a temper." Lisa nodded in agreement at the statement. The teacher heaved a sigh at the second workload dropped on top of her.

"His classes are as straight as a line though. Just ask him to yell at them once in a while if you're having a difficult time." The pink haired lady's eyes lidded in half as she looked into her new coworker's gaze with an amused expression. "I promise it works magic."

"Um.. Thank you for the advice."

She spent the first few minutes questioning her seniors of things about the school. Where students used to gather to weed together(?), the various clubs, and other teachers. The principal of Inazuma, ms. Raiden entered for a mug of coffee and greeted the three of them. She was a tall woman (like the other two) with thick, shiny looking purple hair tied into a braid. A suit with a pencil skirt hugged all her curves amazingly. All these teachers looked like models that walked straight off the red carpet.

Y/n had met ms. Raiden a few days ago for an interview, and she was intimidating to say so. She nearly cried twice just in her prescence, while just talking about schedule matters.

After greeting a few more teachers who came and went for the free caffeine to hold them up for the rest of their day, she started heading to her class. Looking at the graduate's picture wall, the female stopped at her year of graduates. A younger version of herself smiled back.

She recalled the days when she attended this school herself. They were nice, but she would never grow to miss the smell of sweat mixed axe body spray and the sound of lockers slamming as she squeezed through the sea of people. Come to think of it... Why were school lockers usually blue? Is the paint cheaper than other colours? It's a primary shade after all.

A harsh impact against her front snapped her back into reality while landing on the ground. Rubbing her back in pain, she quickly stood up to see the other person of any injuries. "Are you alright? I am so sorry, here."
Offering a hand towards the violet haired male, Y/n smiled apologetically. To her surprise, he merely scoffed and got up on his own. Retreating her rejected hand, she awaited his response.

"Watch where you're going."

He left. Just like that.

-----

IM ALIVE

Tysm for your patience as I edited this <3 I'm sorry if you see that the scenes you liked are gone with my edit, tho i tried my best to keep most parts and just reword them a bit. Either way, I hope you guys understand

decided to switch the fic into a 3rd POV that's a bit more focused on yn.

1221 words