{~ chapter 19 ~}

💌

mr. Raiden drowns in the nile
ft. ms ln the rock

" 이 별에서 네가 가장 특별해 "

" 이 별에서 네가 가장 특별해 "

-

Kunikuzushi knew better than anyone else on this sorry excuse of a world that he wasn't exactly a likeable person in any aspect.

Sure, he had a pretty face, but a pretty disgusting personality to make up for it. You name the red flag, he had it.

When a new teacher one day just waltzed into his life and slowly crept through his barriers, he didn't even realize until a hole had been made in the fortress he locked himself in. She on the other hand, was loved by any person she encountered. Reacted to people's stories that made anyone think she was hooked up in the conversation, never complained or boasted about something, genuinely tries her hardest. Even he admitted himself that she deserved the things she achieved. Whether it be her reputation or popularity- whatever was worth more.

Although— he was often left wondering about one part. When someone would even jokingly say the words I love you, she never seemed to find a way to respond in character. Sure, there were times she said those three words more as a statement such as back when he caught the cockroach that night, when she didn't have much thought over her words. Almost as if they were a sacred language to place on her lips, she always seemed to hesitate to say those meaningful words.

Not that he was in the place to say anything.

He knew the nature of humans good enough that if he ignored people, they will eventually lose their interest and drift away. If he stomps over them, the fire of whatever motive they had blows off and out they go. But people were so simple yet perplexing.

Many to all conversation starters she made; he either said something snarky or flat out ignored it. She wasn't as stupid as people gave her credit for and understood social cues, so just why had she even bothered to stick around? What was there to gain from him? What was her true purpose?

But even without himself knowing, he began responding to her comments. When she waved at him from across the hall, he made eye contact with her. When he saw she was tired, he got up and figured out dinner that night. He chose his words more carefully and censored his tongue on many occasions. Why? All those years spent on piling the reputation of the name Raiden Scaramouche was coming down with a single person that had somehow blown his walls with a single poke upon the iron barricades as though it was paper.

No matter if he denied it to his deathbed or not, Kunikuzushi was lonely. Who leans his head back listening to his own students talking shit behind his back, watching as his mother who ignored him for his entire childhood finally pretend to reach out to him, and drowning in his bedsheets until unable to lift a single finger. Such an inspirational life he was thrown into.