{~ chapter 06 ~}

💌

Neighbor sleepover
ft. dilfs

" 너는 별을 보자며 내 손을 끌어서 "

-

Last night was a disaster.

Ei turned off her phone while she slept and couldn't open the door for her son. Not that he had plans on contacting her anyway.. As for Miko- both probably knew why.

Scaramouche just kind of barged in like that. She laughed at him for a bit, but left him to his leisure after that. He sat on the couch like it was his own home and slept in Y/n's guest room. For free. Well, she did force him to make 3 am cake with her. To her utter surprise, he didn't inherit his mother's cooking skills. It brought tears to her eyes in gladness that she finally had someone else who can cook without burning the kitchen down.

Definately kidnapping him one day to cook with her again.

The following day was Sunday, so Y/n and Scaramouche didn't have to worry about work. She decided to be generous and leave him a breakfast cake slice along with her spare keys with a note saying to lock the doors once he leaves. He didn't seem to like sweets, but what is something that a human can't eat if they're hungry enough?

This man should be awake by the time she's back.. He's not the type to steal anything or snoop around so the teacher wasn't too concerned (not that her broke self had anything to steal anyway). Plus, she had Ei to run to if he tried anything weird.

Grocery list.. Pink trash bags, all purpose flour, (since her loving neighbor spilt half of it earlier) some more classroom decorations, and rest were just food. Getting the car started, Y/n drove off to the lines of stores nearby. The neighborhood was quiet as usual, but she nearly road killed a squirrel on the way. And the squirrel nearly killed her with a heart attack.

There were plenty of parking spaces in the lot due to how early it was. Other than the occasional people walking to the church nearby, it was almost free of human beings on streets. Well- no one really gets up at 7 to grocery shop on weekends. Shame on them, parking wherever she wanted and barging the doors open without worrying about scratching other cars felt great.

But it's either her superpower or a miracle that Y/n was still standing from an hour of sleep.

It's alright. She'd seen many people in college go for days and weeks without proper sleep anyway. They seemed to survive off instant coffee from vending machines and candy they stole from her back in the days.. Raging academic addicts are scary.

"Ms. L/n- is that you?"

"Hm? Oh, mr. Baizhu!"

A green haired man greeted the young woman with a friendly smile. "It's been a while. How have you been?"  "Not bad, actually! High school kids aren't as bad as I thought. How is Qiqi doing?"
The two kind of just stood there and chatted like two moms who were friends since middle school that just met each other after years. Qiqi wasn't with him since she was at her daycare.