100K SPECIAL 02

[☕︎☕︎☕︎]

☁︎

A thousand eons away
two centimeters close

-

A thousand eons away he felt from his past life.

Scaramouche sighed softly as he swirled the tea in his grip. Two years in the Fatui, and he was finally proclaimed harbinger. It took him a little longer than expected, but he had all the time left in the world.

One year of training with commander L/n, and another year... Unlocking his sealed power with the help of the second harbinger. A year of brute pain and reminder that he wasn't human, and would never be. Three hundred and sixty five days of being held up in a tank of liquid while he was viewed and experimented on like a specimen. Technically, it wasn't even completely finished yet. At last, he was sixth on the list. Over the years that flew past by, the rankings stretched to ten harbingers. It was rumored that an eleventh seat may be taken sometime soon. To think his coronation was almost two hundred years ago now.

He spat the tea out and shattered the detailed piece of porcelain onto the carpeted ground. "And which of you scumbags decided to put sugar in my drink?" The servants nearby flinched and looked at each other with petrified eyes, as the one who served the tea froze on the spot. Scaramouche slit his eyes and gazed down at the shivering servants as though they were insects he was being merciful to not step upon.

"I.. I deeply apologi-"

"It was me! Sorry about that, I forgot that you didn't like sugar."

The familiar voice of commander L/n called out as she made her way over to the tea table. Everyone seemed to melt to the ground at her appearance. She saluted with a cheeky smile whilst fixing her cap. The major commander had been mysteriously moved to the Sixth's division ever since he was promoted, and has been there ever since. Scaramouche gave her an unimpressed look as he let out a breath. Both of them knew he wouldn't buy the cheap lie she made up, as if she hadn't made him tea probably millions of times by now.

The Balladeer crossed his arms and looked away. "Your tardiness will be remembered. Make me another cup, personally." He emphasized the last word as his eyes snapped back to the servants. Y/n walked back off to the kitchen area. She had made the mistake of leaving the tea serving to the other servants due to her meeting preparation as they somehow managed to lose her recipe that she hand wrote for them. Not that she had plans on sharing this information with her superior, knowing heads will be sliced onto the ground if she did so. Well, he seemed to have found out anyway.

She grabbed the porcelain container tea she personally imported from Inazuma once a month, (now ever other week because of him) grabbing a random spoon with flower patterns on the handle. One full spoon to make a small pyramid of tea leave pile, and around half a spoon. Boil it until... Until it seems about right. Maybe this was why the servants failed to make the tea right.

~

"-And you just have to boil it until the scent becomes strong enough to be smelled from a step away from the pot." The commander concluded with a smile as she passed on the scribbled note. The servant sweatdropped as he received the paper and seeing the instructions on it. There were no precise measurements, but written as 'one big scoop' and 'boil until smells strong but not strong.'

"..By any chance, do you have any rough estimations of measurements? Such as teaspoons or cups." He asked as he looked over the note one last time. "Eh? Who uses those nowadays, just add what seems about right~" She smiled and jumped while looking at her clock. "Shoot, I have to go now. If anything happens, just blame me!"