{~ chapter 25 ~}

💌

Heart diseases pt. II
ft. y/n and ms. l/n

" Sky is nothing to believe "

-

Winter was still a long way away from drawing the curtains. As soon as the clock hit half past four, it was as dark as it would be past 11 during summer outside.
Kunikuzushi spun the pen between his fingers, eyes skimming down the sprawled out papers on the desk. Not even an hour left until he was going to be dragged into the witch's den next to the house he was currently in. His lashes fluttered shut momentarily. Looking at the colourful post-its, ripped out sketchbook pages and washi tapes papers that looked painfully out of place in the bleak space of his room, he still wondered the question he had been filling his mind with ever since weeks ago.

Why am I collecting all this trash...

His under eye twitched at the thought. These papers wouldn't last more than a few years even if they were kept in pristine conditions, purposed to eventually decompose into the ground and disappear. What was the point in delaying what would eventually happen? Despite that logic he firmly believed in, he was unable to do the simple action of shoving them into the trash that didn't even take thinking to accomplish.

So why were these doing on his desk at home instead of in the drawer in his homeroom?

Yesterday

"I forgot where the extra calculators are— in the.. Third drawer?" The student scratched the back of his head. His friend shrugged. "Just open them all. Hurry up, that demon is going to kill you if he thinks you're snooping around." He sighed. Scaramouche had temporarily left the class to go lecture the nearby art class that was going haywire while their teacher had gone down to the office.

He carefully opened the third drawer and peeked inside. Only stacks of neatly lined yellow folders and papers. "Yo, hurry up. Ms L/n's class already gone quiet." His friend urged, looking back to the door every once in a while. The first drawer was opened. Plain lined notebooks with lesson plans.

"Are you special in the head?? Let me do it." The boy shoved his friend aside to open the last three drawers. But as soon as he was about to open the fifth drawer, it didn't budge. His brows furrowed into a confused frown, eyes staring at the handle that did not move. He soon realized there was a lock on the drawer. "Nevermind. I'll just borrow someone else's. Who the hell keeps calculators locked in a drawer?" With that, he turned around to return back to his desk. "Who knows— maybe mr. Raiden collects porno magazines or something." His friend shrugged with a snort at the thought.