{~ chapter 30 ~}

💌
Crush diagnosis
ft. playground date pt. II

" 괜찮아 네가 내 우주고 밝게 빛나줘 "

-

Y/n usually considered herself a decently nice person. (minus the fact this was all just an act she could draw the curtains to at any time) But every once in a while, it backlashes.

Palms laid overtop the sides of her head, riling up the loose ponytail recently tied back after sweating as if she ran a marathon. All she did was speak out a few sentences with some dramatic gestures. She silently swore to never laugh at a rookie actor in a drama show from that point on, the script wrinkled from the exasperated hold on it. It wasn't that the lines were cringy or the movements were difficult to memorize. Just that....

Whenever she recited the barely memorized acts, (or at least, attempted) it was like a monotone talkback voice on phones reading a honey-drippingly romantic script out loud. But when effort or emotion was weaved in, she refused to listen to herself speaking that looked like an rpg obsessed middle schooler. An imaginary bead of sweat trickled down her nape at the reminder that the rest of the students were actors that had been rehearsing and practicing for months ahead of time, while she was a replacement that barely had a little over a week to prepare. Teyvat's annual performance was well known and an event everyone in the district had their eyes on, being a topic in many mouths once it was finished.

She took this as a perfect excuse to catch up on her romance dramas for reference.

And so she was, splayed across her couch with a random bag of chips in hand and eyes glued to the screen. After 30 episodes, the director going on a year long hiatus because they got into a car crash,(..?) one of the actors taking a break because they had to attend a family member's wedding overseas, the main lead characters were finally getting development. The male lead was a stereotypical billionaire-ceo with family problems and more rolex watches than friends, his love interest being a poor girl whose parents died in a tragic accident and left to drop out of school to work for her younger sibling in a friend chicken shop. A cringey cliche repeated hundreds of times in the romance directors' community, yet always loved by watchers.

The actor was supposed to be a poor woman in her twenties with a sick teenager to feed and in massive debt, how was her skin so glowy.. Right, this was fiction.

Crunching on another piece of chip, the scene in front of Y/n changed to focus on the male lead's hand tightly clenched on the female lead's wrist in an attempt to stop her from leaving. She cursed the overly large white subtitles of the illegal website that ruined the mood. Another gooey sticky cliche of the two main characters in the pitch black rain of the night after a fight, which she also never grew bored of.