{~ chapter 29 ~}

💌
Setups
ft. underpaid teachers

" 근데 단 한개도 없는 star, yeah "

-

Meanwhile ms. L/n was dying with her roommate degrading her poor choices on a Sunday afternoon....

"Hm... Move the cloud to the right! Hold up, I see the a patch of thinner layer of paint on the edge." Childe groaned at the nitpick behind the painted piece of layered cardboard he had graciously worked on for the last hour. Most of the art students were in charge of making the painted or decorative props, which clearly wasn't the most optimal choice considering half of art students took the class because it was generally easygoing compared to academic courses. "It's barely noticeable, plus who's going to stare at a single cloud on the top of the stage from their seats....?!"

"I will. Now chop chop, this is a show that will bring two star crossed lovers together!" At that comment, the he didn't have further complains before sighing and grabbing the two metre sized prop and carefully backtracking on the ladder.

Fischl with her signature black eyepatch proudly made way over to the one overseeing the setup in the theatre performance room. Thanks to the district's generous funding, Teyvat had its own performance auditorium space around the size of the main gym. "Why, I thoroughly appreciate the sedulous enthusiasm thou art putting into this performance. Regisseur Furina."

"Please just call me Furina." She looked away, mildly flushed at the title. "Not only is this the largest scaled theatre performance of the year, but it holds great significance. Of course I must be meticulous." Oz soon followed behind Fischl. Furina glanced towards the hard working students setting up props and moving over large items. Feeling like she was judging and coaching without actually doing anything, she faltered. "ahem... Let's have a snack break everyone!"

No one opposed to the idea and all gathered around in large gaggles, chatter beginning to rise. Teyvat had an annual tradition of holding the district's largest theatre performance around this time, this year was no different. However, much suspicious doubt circled when the announcement that a student was directing the play rather than the drama teacher herself. People doubted the quality of the show yet to be performed, leading to the tickets that were usually all sold by now only being halfway distributed. Tucking a loose strand hair behind her ear, the said director pursed her lip.

Almost everyone in the school knew of the situation between the two teachers by now, the entire building practically acting like wingmen. No doubt sounded may dramatic considering the sheer amount of people, but that was just how much people were fed up with their antics.

Furina heard many chitters of excitement from a small circle of female students sharing snacks nearby. One of them squealed as another mentioned guesses what the infamous calculus teacher would do in a relationship. Despite being feared amongst all teenagers within the premises of the building, his beauty was praised ever since he was born. Not to mention some girls with... Slightly questionable taste in men that were attracted to his blunt and chapped way of speaking, fantasizing about what was under the hard shell. Don't get it wrong, that didn't save him from the fact many considered the teacher's face to be one of his only saving grace.