{~ chapter 22 ~}

💌

I hope you don't mind
ft. mommy issues club

" 왜 자꾸만 널 가두려 하는 건지 "

-

"Hello, Riverdale mental health treatment centre. How can we help you?"

"Good evening. This is M/n L/n's registered family."

"Ah, ms. Y/n— good evening."

"Yes... I was wondering if she was released last week as I got the email."

"Let me check.... Ah, there's her file. Mrs. L/n was released last Tuesday, yes. Are there any concerns?"

"..Would it be possible to know where she is currently located?"

"I apologize. Patients who are no longer connected with family or relatives are not permitted to be given more than approved information of each other. But she is currently under supervision of the hospital, so please don't worry."

"I see. Thank you then."

"Have a nice day."

The call was ended as Y/n stared at her screen until it turned dark and eventually off due to inactivity. Her unfocused gaze snapped out by a soft purr by her feet.

"sigh.. You're the best, Kabuki." She whispered and picked the feline up, as Kabuki purred loudly and shoved his face into hers. Y/n raised a brow and almost experimentally raised him up and down. "When did you get this fat?? I only feed you twice a day and like three treats." The teacher raised a brow while scratching his chin. Kabuki only mrphed in response, white tipped tail flickering lazily from side to side.

"Scaramouche fed you, didn't he.. I should make a calendar to show whether you were already fed or not before you turn into an obese kitty." Her eyes softened slightly at the mention of her roommate, placing the cat on her lap. Kabuki looked up at her with glimmering navy blue eyes as though he noticed the slight drop in her demeanour. "Maybe you should talk some sense into him at night when the two of you are alone. Will you?" He purred, smearing his tiny forehead against her outstretched palm.

Y/n heaved a heavy breath as though there was a rock in her stomach, weighing down her entire being until it would melt into the ground. She peered emptily into the TV that was playing a random show she wasn't actually paying attention to.

She couldn't find any muses or inspiration to paint anymore. And objects she wanted to draw either looked too colourless or too bold in personality. If that was even how to describe things..

The teacher huffed in irritation before carefully standing up after placing Kabuki down on the couch. Her companion was too lazy to move out of his spot, but meowed in protest when she disappeared from his sight. Y/n soon came back outside with a light padded jacket, inattentively slinging a plain scarf over her neck. She snatched her phone resting on the edge of the couch and checked the battery. She looked down over at Kabuki. "I'm going off to the store to get some stuff. Be back soon~"