"Is this goodbye?"

I sat on my bed looking at the room I had grown up in. So many memories were made here. My first sleepover, my first kiss, so many laughs and many cries. I sniffled wiping my eyes. "Lottie?" I heard his voice from the door. I turn to look at him and smiled. Mason mount. My first and only boyfriend, my first kiss, my first love. "I can't believe how different it looks without all your decorations." He admitted with a smile on his face almost like he was remembering different memories. "I know, can't believe I'm leaving." I said quietly. He sighed and walked over to me and pulling me into a bone crushing hug. "I'm so proud of you Lottie, getting into that uni is amazing. I'm going to miss you so much but you will be okay I promise." He said to me as he felt me cry against his chest. I pulled away from the hug. "I don't know how I'm going to make it without you Mase. I love you." I said tears falling down my face. "We both know you will be okay my love. We can't do long distance we know this. We will just argue, I'm going to miss you but we will see each other and stay friends for now." He said trying to reassure me. "Is this goodbye?" I sighed asking the question I dreaded most. "What?! Of course not. I just think we should focus on our new beginnings before we try and do long distance. You know how much I love and adore you I could never let go of that." He said before placing a kiss on my forehead. "I love you Mase." I said. He sighed, " I love you more Lottie." "Charlotte time to go!!" My mum called from downstairs. I sniffled before looking at Mase and pulling him into another hug. "Just for the record I'm so proud of you as well. I love you. I hope this isn't goodbye." We pulled apart from each other and he smiled at me. "It isn't, it's just see you later." I smiled and nodded before turning round and leaving my room and all the memories inside. Let the new chapter of my life begin...