"Destined to fail"

Today was the day. The day I watched my soulmate marry another girl. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. My bestfriend was getting married, I should be happy. But I wasn't I was full with dread and sadness. I had known mason since I was 8. We met at school and we clicked, everyone told us we would end up married and until the age of 15 I denied it. Then it hit me, I loved mason as more then a bestfriend. But I couldn't tell him, I said to myself "when we are older" but here I am know breaking inside as I watched mason fall more and more inlove with the luckiest girl alive. Nobody knew of my love for mason of course. My phone started ringing bringing me out of the daydream I was in. I hadn't noticed I was crying. "Hello.." I sniffled quietly as I picked up the phone. "Hey Soph it's Ben, look I know I'm being cheeky but do you want to be my date to mases wedding today, mine bailed. It would be as friends of course." I laid and thought about it, "yea that sounds lovely I could do with some company." I say trying to sound happy. "It's okay Soph." He said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused. "It's okay to admit to me that it's going to break you to watch mason marry Lily when you wish it was you. And no don't worry o won't say anything, I'll see you soon sweetheart" he said ending the phone before I could answer. I took a deep breath, Ben was right he was wrong about one part though. It wasn't just going to break me it was going to kill me. I get out of bed and start getting ready. I had to be strong, for Mase. Once I was done I made my way to the venue via taxi. Once I got there I saw everyone gathered outside and I made my way to bens side. "Hey little one." He said to me wrapping his arm round my shoulders and kissing the top of my head. "You look beautiful." I smile up at him. "Wow Soph you look incredible." I hear from behind. My stomach dropped. I turned around and saw him. He looked gorgeous of course. "Thanks Mase, you look great as well lilys a lucky girl." I saw whispering the last part. He stepped forward pulling me into a hug. "Thank you for coming." He whispered in my ear. "Your my bestfriend I love you" he carried one. I felt tears rush to my eyes, "yea I love you to Mase." I say squeezing him a little bit tighter before walking back to Ben who immediately laced his fingers with mine. "We are going to get a seat, good luck Mase man." Ben said before dragging me away before I could start crying. We sat in our seats near the back and he wrapped me in a hug. "I'm sorry soph" he whispered to me. "It's okay we were always destined to fail." I whisper wiping my eyes. "Shhh, you will find love soph." Ben tells me wiping my eyes. To anyone else i looked like a proud bestfriend and not someone who is breaking. "He's my soulmate I know if, I'm just not his.." I whisper before music starts and Lily walks down the aisle. I zoned out making sure to have a smile on my face. I was brought out of my trance by Ben tapping my leg. I looked up at him to see him nodding towards the front. I look to see what he was looking at to find my favourite pair of brown eyes staring at me with worry. I send him a smile and a subtle thumbs up which seems to make him feel better before he turns back to Lily to say "I do." I feel a tear roll down my face. Even if I couldn't have his love, he will always have mine.....

Happy new years guys!! First imagine of 2023 and I hope everyone enjoys, remember any requests comment and I will try to write them as best as I can. I hope everyone had a great festive period and I'm back to updating as much as I can!!