"You saved me.."

⚠️self harm⚠️

I looked down at my arms in the mirror seeing all the scars scattered along them. I sighed as I felt the tears rush to my eyes. I had been clean for about 3 years but seeing my scars always made me emotional. "Hey princess you okay?" I hear my boyfriend from behind me. "Yea i am." He walked up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and slowly looked down at wear my eyes were focused on. "It's hard Mase. I'm not embarrassed by my scars but I just feel so sorry for the little girl that felt like this was her only choice." I whisper a tear falling down my face. "I know darling." He said pressing a kiss on my neck before turning me around to face him. "I'm so proud of you." He whispered before giving me a soft kiss making me smile. "Here she is, let's go tho miles will moan if I'm late again." He said grabbing my hand so we could make our way to the tattoo shop. Mason had decided to get another tattoo, not that I minded I loved his others. Once we got there mason went with miles to go sort the design out whilst I spoke to another tattoo artist. "You still want what we spoke about?" She asked me as she sat me down in a chair. I nodded, "I need to show him how much he means to me. He saved me.." I say making her smile. Once she had sorted out the design and placed the stencil on we got started. "Have you told mason?" She asked as she place the tattoo gun against my forearm making me wince slightly. "He knows I'm getting a tattoo as we spoke about but he doesn't know about the part I added." I said making her nod. "Well nearly done Lyra." She said making me smile. She placed the tattoo gun down before cleaning and then wiping my arm. "Do you want to see?" She asked me as she stood up to get the wrap to put over it. I nodded, "yea please." I say quietly. She wiped the last part off before saying it was ready. I looked down to where this morning was just my scars. Now just above was many flowers making a heart with his initial inside. I felt tears rush to my eyes. "It's perfect thank you." We got up to go find mason and miles and we walked in the room seeing mason laid on his back with his shirt off as miles tattoo the dragon he has decided to do. "Hey baby, you done?" He asked me holding out his arm for me to go sit next to him. "Yea wanna see?" I asked him making my way over there. "Of course I'm so excited." I held out my arm for him to take a look watching his face for his reaction. "You got my initial?" He asked in a quiet voice. I nodded, "you saved me Mase. I know I say it a lot but I wouldn't be here without you." He teared up pulling me closer to him. "I love you so much." He whispered placing a kiss to the top of my head. "I love you to Mase." I whispered.