"Alone with you does that make sense?"

⚠️suicide is mentioned⚠️

I laid staring at the wall. How could she do this to me? Why would she leave me? It had been god knows how many days since I got the call that my bestfriend has committed suicide. I was angry at myself for not helping her but even angrier at her for not asking me for help. But feeling angry at her made me feel guilty. I hadn't moved out of my bed since I heard the news. Just staring at the same part of my wall refusing to eat. I needed her. We had been best friends since 4 years old, how was I meant to carry on normally without her. I heard a knock on my door. I didn't answer knowing it would be my mum checking on me like she had done for the past 5 days. That was until I heard his voice, "Nova it's me. Can I come in??" He asked quietly through the shut door. "Yes." I whispered quietly but loud enough for him to hear me. "Hey baby, is there anything I can do for you?" He asked me sitting on the other side of my bed. Mason always knew I hated being asked if I was okay. "I want to be alone." I stated after 5 minutes of silence. I felt him start to move. "Alone with you does that make sense?" I carried one quietly. I heard him sigh before moving to lay down behind me and hug me. I was expecting him to try and talk to me but he didn't instead he just laid there and held me. I started crying for the first time since I was told the news. Mason just held me tighter not asking any questions just telling me to keep breathing. Once he had calmed me down I turned over to face him the first time. "Thank you." I whispered not feeling the need to explain what I was thanking him for. He smiled at me, "I love you." Was the only thing he said. From this moment I knew I would be okay. With him by my side I could do anything.