"I got my part in the nativity play"

Me and my fiancé mason was laid on the couch cuddling waiting for our little girl to get back from school with her Nan. "I miss time just me and you." Mason said stroking my hair. "So do I but i wouldn't swap Thea for anything." I say turning round to place a kiss on his lips. What started as an innocent kiss soon turned into make out session. That was until we heard the front door open. "Mummy!! Daddy!!" We heard our little girl shout as she ran through the house trying to find us. We look at each other and laugh, "Thea we are in here darling." I call to her. "Omg Omg Omg mummy daddy guess what!!" She shouts as she jumps into masons arms. Thea has always been a daddy's girl and would never leave his arms if she had the choice. "What princess?" Mason asked her whilst giving her a hug. "I got my part in the nativity play!!" She shouted sounding proud of herself. "Oh yea what did my little star get?" Mason asked sitting on the couch next to me with Thea on his lap. "I got a lamb!!" She shouts excitedly. Me and mason look at each other trying to hold in our laughs. "Well do you have any lines darling?" I ask trying to figure out why she was so excited. "Nope, I just have to stay on the floor the whole time. I bet my costume is going to be so cute!!" She giggles moving herself so she now has her arms wrapped round masons neck. "Oh that's brilliant Thea my little lamb." Mason says stroking her hair just like he had done for me just before. "You will come see it won't you daddy?" Thea asked in a quiet little voice. Mason looked shocked at the question before he smiled, "of course I will. I'm not going to miss my little girls big moment am I?" He says before kissing the top of her head. "Thea why don't you say goodbye to nanny and then go upstairs to get changed yea then we can have McDonald's for dinner as a treat because mummy and daddy are so proud." I say to her. To which she nods and runs out the room. Me and mason look at each other and burst out laughing. "Bless her she's so excited." Mason says wiping tears from his eyes. "I know from the the way she was bouncing off the walls I thought she had someone important like Mary or something." I says leaning into him. "Honestly I know same but I'm so proud of her." Mason says smiling to himself. "So am I." I whisper enjoying the last few moments of peace.