"Maybe in another life"

⚠️trigger warning⚠️

The day I had been diagnosed was most certainly the worst day of my life. It was the day were all my dreams vanished before they had even had the chance to start. I remember sitting there in the small stuffy room being told I had cancer and it was terminal, there was nothing they could do. The doctor was explaining the options I had but I couldn't hear anything other than the ringing in my ears. All that was in my head was the thoughts of losing myself, having to say goodbye to everyone. Including him. I was only brought round when my boyfriend squeezed my hand. "I know this is a lot to take in Olivia and I'm so sorry there isn't anything we can do to help." The doctor said before taking a deep breath and carrying on. "I know you might have a lot of questions once you have processed this so here is the number to call and we can help. As I said I'm so sorry." I nodded not trusting myself to speak without bursting into tears. I stood up wanting to get out the room that was slowly becoming claustrophobic. I felt his hand on my wrist turning me around to face him. "I'm so sorry my love." He said placing his hands on my face. "Hey don't cry we can get through this together." I look up at him. "I'm so sorry mason. I understand if you don't want to be with me anymore, I don't want to be a burden."
I started rambling before mason pressed his lips to mine. "Stop it. I love you I'm not leaving you. Nothing will change that"
That was almost 9 months ago. We had done a lot between then and now wanting to make the most of any time I had left. It has become hard recently. Me being to weak to do anything other than lay down and sleep. I knew my time was coming to an end. And I wasn't scared not like i thought i would be. I laid there in the hospice bed holding masons hand. I squeezed it getting his attention. "Hey baby, what's the matter?" He asked conceded about the few tears falling down my face. "I'm tired Mase, so tired. I don't think I can do this anymore." I admitted to him. His smile faltered slightly before returning to its usual self. He started running his fingers through my hair like he knew I loved. "That's okay baby. Go when you need. I love you so so much, never forget that okay?" He asked almost like he needed to know I was listening. I smiled at him, "I love you mason mount, so so so much. You are so special, never lose your spark. Score a goal for me next time you play okay? And Mase promise me you will move on? Please don't sit around sad forever it's not what I want." I asked him softly. He chuckled, "of course I will score for my love when have I not? And I will try. I pinky promise." He whispered. I smiled softly at him before wiping his tears that were slowly flowing. "I'm sorry my love, maybe in another life." I said to him taking in his eyes for the last time. "There is no maybe, I will live hundreds of miserable life's until i find you again." He replied kissing my forehead. I smiled softly at him. Staring at my soulmate before closing my eyes for the last time. Content and happy.

2 weeks later
"Mason you scored the winning goal to allow Chelsea to win this premier league anything you want to say?" Someone asked mason as he walked past.
"That was for my Olivia, I promised you I would baby. I love you and miss you." He said before kissing his wrist where her name was tattooed. He smiled to himself knowing he would of made her proud.