Chapter 0 | Prologue

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change the pronouns for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

||SUMMARY: Before your accidental yet exciting discovery of the Boiling Isles, you and Luz were only 5-year-olds. Unlike with the Boiling Isles, your meeting with her was all but inevitable||

Published: ~November 25th, 2022~

-Kindergarten-

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

"Alright, class, we have a new student so let's all be polite."

The kids inside the classroom fell silent out of curiosity. They had just wondered who this new student would be. Others, however, didn't really care and pretty much did their own thing. The kids look up to the front to see the door open. Another kid walks inside with their hood up and their head gazing at the ground. They stopped at the front and tensed up from all the eyes staring at them.

"Could you take your hood off so we can see your face?" The teacher asked. The child raises their hands up to their hood and hesitantly pulls it down. "Can you tell us your name, sweetie?"

"...it's... Y-Y/N." You shyly replied.

"More like elf!" A kid mocked, referring to your pointy ears. The class bursts into laughter, making you blush with embarrassment while also trying to cover your ears.

"Now Josh, this could be a birth defect of all things. Remember what I taught about tolerance." The teacher told. "Anyways, do you have any interests?"

"Well... I-I-I like G-Good Witch Azura..." You twiddled with your fingers.

"Great, there's another one." Josh said with sarcasm. The teacher sighs and goes to you. She then puts her hand on your shoulder.

"You can go take a seat, dear. Feel free to choose wherever you sit." The teacher spoke. You nodded and began slowly walking. "Josh, come meet me out in the hallway."

You were walking through the gaps between tables. Several kids covered the empty seats at their tables and shook their heads. While trying to find a seat, you accidentally bump into Josh.

"S-S-Sorry..." You apologized as Josh scoffed in response.

"Freak." Josh sneered.

You became shocked and looked down. Josh snickered at your quivering lips and purposefully bumped into you, causing you to almost lose your balance. You managed to not fall and made your way to the back. You saw an empty table and looked back at the rest of the class. The other kids stick their tongues out at you.

Your eyes felt tearful, so you quickly sat down and pulled your hood up. You then crossed your arms on the table and laid your head on them, allowing you to cry freely. Your parents had told you that you would have a great day at school. Yet, this was really proving otherwise. Out of nowhere, you felt poking on your arm.