Chapter 5 | Coven•tion - Part 1

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

◈San Diego Comic-Con for Witches

◈S1:E5◈

Published: ~November 23rd, 2022~

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

It was a calm and serene day at the market. Since there wasn't a line at the stand, everyone was doing what they wanted to at least pass the time. Eda was dusting off the counter in boredom while you, Luz, and King were reading Good Witch Azura in curiosity.

"Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, "I challenge you to a Witch's Duel." Luz read. The camera then pans to the bottom right corner of the page. "And look, I drew a flip book. Pew! Pew! Pew!"

"Show me the picture." King spoke.

"What?" Luz said.

"Show me the picture." King repeated. Luz turned the book around, putting it in King's line of sight. The little creature scoffed. "I can draw better than that! You know, they once called me the King of Artists."

"I thought you were the King of Demons." You commented, leaning against the counter. You then smirked. "Are you just making this up now?"

"Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me." King replied.

"Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book." Luz proposed.

"Ugh! Please stop reading that." Eda groaned. "Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all our serious customers!"

"You must be seeing things 'cause there's literally nothing in front of us!" You argued.

You were right. It was oddly quiet. So quiet, in fact, that the market was unusually vacant to the point where it seemed to be deserted. The wind blew softly as one single tumbleweed rolled by. The silence was a bit unnerving.

"Right. There aren't even any other stands around." Luz agreed. "What's going on?"

"This is a bad omen..." Eda condemned. "There must be something horrible happening today."

"Luz, Y/N, something amazing is happening today!" Gus brightened.

"Gus, Willow, hey!" Luz greeted.

"Sup, guys." You said, fist-bumping Gus.

"It's the annual covention. Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one." Willow told. She pointed to the bottom of the poster she was holding. "There's even a mystery guest this year."