Chapter 10 | Escape of the Palisman - Part 1

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change the pronouns for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

◈Who let the birds out!

◈S1:E10◈

Published: ~October 22nd, 2023~

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

This chapter starts at the local Slayground in Bonesborough. The atmosphere was filled with laughter and happiness, with the screams of many of the children on the playset doing their own thing. From slides to swings and monkey bars to a sandbox, one worrisome brunette couldn't sit right knowing that her beloved King was going to be away for some time.

"What if he gets hurt? What if the kids are mean to him?" Luz panicked by bouncing her leg and placing both hands on her temples. "My parental instincts are freaking out, man!"

Eda sat beside her with a gentle smirk, somewhat being amused by her apprentice's concern. She places her pointer finger on Luz's forehead. "He's fine, look at him."

King was near the slide, trying to climb his way up with a newfound determination. He scrunches his face and grunts at the bottom of the slide.

"It does look like he's having fun." Luz said.

King begins to make his way up the slide.

"I wonder what cute little game he's playing~" Luz cooed.

"Stand back, cretins!" King grunted as he managed to get to the very top. "Yes, yes! This is a throne worthy of a tyrant!"

There was absolutely no child near the playset. Two kids, however, watched on with confusion.

"Bow to me, you snotty underlings! Bow!" King boomed.

The two kids looked at each other and smiled. "Okay!"

One of the kids did a headstand while the other turned around and bent backward, facing King on top of the slide, who only tented his fingers mischievously.

"Yes, appease your master."

A child with dark skin and red hair (and unfortunately, snot running down his nose) came up behind him. "This isn't for standing, it's for sliding. You try."

The kid pushes King down the slide, resulting in him rolling down instead. While rubbing his skull, he marched over to Eda and Luz on the bench a few feet away from the playset.

"Eda, that monster took my throne!"

"You mean the baby?" Eda asked.

"No, the Usurper!" King angrily pointed at the kid. "I want you to go over there and blow him up. Kaboom!"

The 'usurper' had only repeated what King uttered.