Chapter 7 | Lost in Language - Part 2

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change the pronouns for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

◈Bonding with a Cute Witch Girl (Over Family Problems & Danger)

◈S1:E7◈

Published: ~February 18th, 2023~

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

After the small snowball fight you had with the twins, you were walking in a dark hallway, beautifully illuminated by the quiet moon. You wandered to the front of the library and found the animal book you used earlier. You took the book and inspected it, gently rubbing your thumb against the cover.

You look up and glance around yourself, seeking for a spot to sit and think about everything going on in your life lately. You walk around more, not failing in your search for a small cubbyhole. You eventually did, however, making you sigh in defeat. You then realize you walked in a circle, dealing with the fact that you stood in front of the Kid's Corner.

You lightly shrugged and walked inside. You found a spot that was inhabited by plushies and quickly settled in. You held the book in your line of sight, which was previously hugged to your chest. You opened the book to the first page, causing the many animals from the previous part to return and gain excitement from your presence.

You giggled at the many licks you received, settling even more in the warm, snuggly bodies that were all around you. You turned the page, reading the small words in your mind. Yet, you couldn't help but drift your thoughts to earlier. You would rarely open up about your mother like that. Only a select few people knew about it and that was your father, Luz, and Camila. You only just met Emira and Edric.

You sighed once more, bringing your attention to the window and looking at the well-complimented night sky. A blend of navy blue and purple dancing among the stars and moon. The sight calmed you, making you close your eyes and breathe deeply.

"What are you doing here?"

You silently jumped in fright, swiftly closing the animal book in your hands. You turned to your side to see Amity with her arms crossed. She remained tight-lipped.

"This place is closed." Amity said. "You're pretty much trespassing at this point."

"So?" You replied, making Amity groan. "Why are you here anyway?"

"I..." Amity paused, looking down and rubbing her arm. "I needed someplace to think."

You carefully thought about this but eventually patted the spot beside you with a slight smile. Amity returns the gesture and quietly thanked you, sitting next to you. An uncomfortable silence quickly ensues and traps the both of you in an awkward moment.

"So... what brings you to the library?" You asked.

"Initially, I was going to return some books, and maybe clean the place a bit." Amity answered, rubbing her neck. "Then I saw that you were here with the human and my bratty siblings."