Chapter 11 | Sense and Insensitivity - Part 2

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

◈Diary of a Guilty Demon

◈S1:E11◈

Published: ~December 31st, 2023~

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

Hours into the night, the search for the Bloom of Eternal Youth continued. As the night sky revealed more stars to be aligned, the Clawthorne sisters ran through the forest to see who would get to their destination first, and it wasn't looking too good for Lilith. She started to slow down as her sibling somehow managed to speed up.

"Doesn't this remind you of how we used to race to the kitchen? Moira would-" Eda moves her head behind her to see no one, causing her to stop. "Lily...?"

Sounds of muffled yelling made Eda look up and catch notice of a dark green crab monster. It also held a webbed-up Lilith in its claw. Lilith twisted and turned trying to get Eda's attention, which worked as the latter formed a large fireball and threw it like a baseball. The monster doesn't react in time, resulting in an explosion to be seen from afar.

Lilith falls into a bush, grunting her way down. Eda rushes over and picks her up from the bush, allowing the webs to fall to the ground. Lilith slightly breathes heavily while taking a few remaining webs off her head.

"Thank you, Edalyn." Her sister nodded in reply. "I wasn't certain that you'd save me."

Eda rolls her eyes. "Stow it! We might fight, but you're still my sister. Besides, if anyone's gonna be putting you down, it's gonna be me."

Eda playfully nudges her sister before patting her on the back a little too hard. Even when she was a little shocked, Lilith couldn't help but chuckle and smile at her sister's attempt to make peace. She then turns her head and gasps.

"Is that..."

Eda puts her face on Lilith's, trying to see what she was looking at. At the near end of the woods stood a tall statue alongside a fountain covered in vines. In the middle was a brightly glowing flower with a hue of purple. The sisters step forward to revel in the sight, although one of them had different ideas. Eda quickly looked at her sibling, eventually pushing her down and running over to the flower.

"Back off! That baby's mine!"

"Why are you always like this?" Lilith growled.

"Because, Lilith, you think I'm just some tired, old biddy." Eda smirked before turning to the flower. "Ah, but I'm more than that."

She forms a spell circle around the stem, cutting the flower off and allowing her to carry it in her hand.

"And with the Bloom of Eternal Youth's power, I'll show you."

The flower slowly fades away from Eda's hand, shocking her instantly. However, a maniacal laugh is heard above Eda as she turns to the top of the statue, only to see a large shadow clawing the statue. Lilith walks over to her side and matches the same scowl as her sister.