Chapter 7 | Lost in Language - Part 1

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change the pronouns for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

◈Irresponsible Fun at the Library

◈S1:E7◈

Published: ~January 16th, 2023~

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

"'Azura,' Hecate began, 'Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally.'"

Luz sighed with fulfillment and placed her book close to her chest. King sat at her side on the couch.

"Luz, you're getting all swoony again." He pointed.

"I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival!" Luz gushed. "I wish I had that kind of power."

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended." King claimed.

"Not necessarily. I used to have this old rival back at school in the Human Realm. We were always trying to outsmart each other, but we eventually became allies... I guess." You mentioned.

"Ooh, aren't you talking about Maxon?" Luz asked.

"That was exactly his name." You nodded, lightly pointing at your friend. "He was another person who actually somewhat befriended us. Besides that, he was a really nice dude."

"Okay, I get it, I get it." King waved off. He then turns to Luz with his tail wagging. "Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom."

"Okay. "Suddenly, the door swung open-"

The front door coincidentally opens with Hooty rolling in an unsteady motion, uttering out weird, baffling words.

"The book has come to life! Burn it!" King shrieked while you simply sighed.

"Hold on."

You walked over to the door, poking Hooty in the eye to shut him up, who succeeds in doing so. You glance down to see a small basket on the doorstep. You squatted down and lifted it up, walking back inside. You, along with a curious Luz and King, stroll into the kitchen and place the basket on the island, further making your witch mentor confused.

"Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket." Luz said.

"Probably an offering. Ah, being the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles has its perks." Eda shrugged.

King prepares himself by wrapping his neck in a baby bib. He then grunts and swipes the cloth off of the basket, revealing a quiet, tucked baby, which cutely snored. King proceeds to rub his paws hungrily and lightly chuckles.