Chapter 27

Rei dropped me off at home after spending time with them after breakfast. I walked through my silent house up to my room. I quickly remembered dad's gift.

Dad had wrapped a fake vine around the chain to hide the metal

Dad had wrapped a fake vine around the chain to hide the metal. I sat in it and got comfortable. It finally sunk in that I wasn't going back to Ua. My time there was really done.

"Is it true?" A strained voice asked. I instantly started screaming. I didn't know why but it was my desperate attempt to guard myself in a state of vulnerability. I paused and looked at the source of the voice. A man was standing at my windowsill staring at me confused. I stared back at him, questioning who he was.
"Who the heck are you?" I asked.
"People call me Stain" he twitched and stepped into my room "I believe in the destruction of all heroes" he pulled out one of his knives.
"Nice to meet you" I stood up. He stopped in his tracks as I approached him. I quickly got hold of his blade and made a small cut across my throat "your turn" I stared into his eyes.

He took a large step back and put his blade away.
"Um, are you ok?" He asked.
"I just got kicked out of my school" I returned to my seat.
"Ua kicked you out?!" He asked.
"How'd you know I go to Ua?" I asked.
"Y/n L/n you are a very well known person" he sighed.
"It's weird to know a random man knows who I am" I pulled out my phone and looked up who he was. The articles of the people he killed and injured came up.
"Yeah that's me" he said as he was suddenly looking over my shoulder.

"So why are you here exactly?" I didn't look back at him.
"Well-" my ringtone cut him off.
"Hii dad" I answered.
"Sweetie, I'm not trying to scare you but I'm going to need you to get out of the house" he said.
"Is it because of the strange man that was on my windowsill?" I asked.
"Mhmm"
"I think I scared him" I said.
"He's a serial killer baby, how did you scare him?"
"He was acting like he was going to kill me with his sword, so I slit my throat with it while staring at him" I quickly healed myself.
"If I get home and I see the slightest mark on your neck, you're not getting the piercing and your phone is gone" he said "go to Micheal's"
"I will" I sighed.
"Thank you very much, I'll see you later" he chuckled "I love you honey"
"I love you too dad" I smiled then ended the call.

I looked back at the odd man.
"Who's Micheal?" He asked.
"My trainer" I picked up some things to entertain me "I need to go now and you're not welcome to stay here without someone here so I'm going to need you to leave" I closed the window.
"How am I supposed to leave now?" He asked.
"Through the front door like a normal person" I rolled my eyes and pulled him towards the front entrance "goodbye Stain, it was odd meeting you, stay safe out there" I pushed him out of the door "have a great day" I smiled.
"Um, you too I guess" he said awkwardly.
"What?" I said.
"I'm sorry I don't have the best social skills!" He yelled.

"Yell at my daughter again I dare you" dad said through the ring doorbell. Stain looked at it amazed.
"Ok goodbye Stain" I smiled.
"Bye" he turned around. He took a few steps then suddenly turned around to attempt a sneak attack on me. He was met with me staring him in the face with the other sword pointing at him.
"Have a great day Stain" I said. The man didn't say anything but snatched his sword back before storming off.
"Have fun at Michael's sweetie" dad chuckled.
"Bye dad" I closed the front door and went back to my room.