Chapter 42

Y/n's pov

"Heyyy" I sat next to Luca at the lunch table in the corner.
"Hi" he smiled "how've you been?"
"Busy" I sighed "and you?"
"Busy too actually" he said "oddly enough, your dad and Michael have been coming over with a few other dads and I've been hanging out with them"
"At this point they're more social than I am" I chuckled.

Suddenly the table filled with random older boys. Luca's smile dropped while they all smiled.
"Um, hi?" I said.
"Hey Luca, why don't you introduce us to your friend" the main guy said and the others chuckled. I looked at Luca and he was staring at his phone. The boy snatched it from him and I instantly snatched it back.
"Who tf are you?" I gave his phone back.
"Andrew come on" Lono tapped his shoulder "leave them alone"
"It's not that deep" the guy rolled his eyes "I don't know what her problem is" he glared at me.

"You ok?" I whispered to Luca and he nodded "good, I don't know who tf this guy thinks he is" I said.
"Y/n, Luca, come sit with us" Braydon said and Luca stood up and quickly moved. I stood up and grabbed my bag and tray.
"My bad for them" Lono said to me.
"Yeah whatever" I glared at the boy smirking at me "ew" I cringed. I put my stuff down at Braydon's table and began picking at my food while everyone else was deep in conversation.

I scanned the lunch hall until I noticed someone.

"Who is that?" I nudged Lono.
"Kai, why?" He asked.
"Just wondering" I stood up "be right back"

I walked over to his empty table and sat opposite him. The boy slowly looked up at me from his phone and scanned my person.
"Hi" I smiled "I saw you from over there and-" he slid me his phone with the phone app open. I was shocked but put my number in his phone.
"Thank you, I'm Kai by the way" his voice was deep and raspy "but sorry go on, your name is Y/n and you saw me from over there" he smiled.
"Yeah I love your hair" I smiled.
"Thank you, I love yours" he said "you're the new girl that everyone is buzzing over?"
"I'm not really new at this point" I shrugged "but I have never seen you before"
"Yeah I usually do online classes cause I was injured" he replied.
"Oh wow, I know how that feels" I said.
"Yeah, so you're friends with Lono?" He asked.
"Yeah I am" I said "you guys know each other?"
"Yeah our families are very close, well we're cousins" he said.
"Oh"
"Yeah his aunt is married to my uncle" he explained "are you guys like a thing?"
"No we're not" I said.
"Ok great" he picked up his bag and pulled out a bouquet of flowers.