Chapter 31

My friends from Ua swarmed me in conversation.
"How was your first day?" Mina asked.
"Pretty good" I smiled.

There was a knock on the door. Dad slipped out of the room to go answer it. We continued talking for a few moments until my friends walked into the room.
"Happy early birthday N/n!" Stephanie rushed over to me.
"Thank you" I laughed.
"Happy birthday!" The rest of the group joined us.
"Thank you" I smiled and they all hugged me.

I noticed each group staring at each other. I quickly introduced them and they remained awkwardly silent.
"I'm going to go talk to your dad" Nathan patted my back.
"Why?" I stopped him.
"Just to ask him something" he smiled.
"Tell me when you come back" I said.
"Ok I will" he smirked and pulled away from me then walked over to my dad.

Dad was surrounded by my grandparents on both sides, mum and Micheal. I watched him greet everyone and they quickly started talking to him.
"He is really trying with your dad" Rider said.
"Which is surprising since we all know he's shitting himself right now" Kayden laughed.
"Exactly" I chuckled. I looked back at the others and they looked confused.

"For context" Stephanie said "Nathan is scared shitless of N/n's dad"
"Why?" Sero laughed. They all looked at me.
"We kissed at a party and my dad knows" I answered. They all looked taken aback "I want to know what they're talking about"
"N/n come over here" Micheal waved me over.
"Oh wow" I smiled and walked over, dodging the young children running across the room.

"Good afternoon" I bowed.
"Hey sweetie" mum hugged me "so we met Nathan" she flashed her eyes.
"Yeah we did" Micheal stared a whole through me.
"Leave the girl alone" Nana, my mother's mother lightly slapped his chest "he's a very nice boy baby" she kissed my cheek "date him" she whispered as she pulled back with a smile.
"Why must the girl date so soon?" Pops, my mother's father pulled me into a hug and held me close to his chest "she's still a baby"
"Exactly" Gramps, my father's father agreed.
"Both of you shush, she is grown" Grams, my father's mother rolled her eyes.
"Thank you" I said and Pops finally let go of me "I'm happy you guys like Nathan though" I looked at him and he had an accomplished smile on his face.

"So you go to his school now?" Micheal asked.
"Mhmm" I nodded.
"Ok sweetie" he rubbed my back "how was your first day?"
"Oh it was amazing" I started. The group attentively listened to my rant.
"I'm so happy you're getting into music" Nana smiled.
"Yeah I need something to do that isn't as draining as mixed martial arts" I smiled.
"So you've decided to go back into it?" Gramps asked.
"Yeah my school is competing in a tournament on Friday" I said.
"Friday?" Micheal looked shocked.
"I literally told you when they called me to ask" dad looked at him.
"Yeah but I just guessed it was next Friday, do you mean this Friday?" He asked and I nodded "oh wow we're going to need to train" he smiled.
"Leave her alone" mum said "she can train  tomorrow and Thursday, but lightly, don't overwork my daughter"
"I won't" Micheal put his arm around me "this means she gets to come back to the old gym and train with the other coaches" he smiled.
"Can we come to watch the competition?" Pops asked.
"Yeah of course" I smiled.
"Great, we must all free our schedules" Grams clapped and they pulled out their phones to check what they had planned.

"Anything important?" Dad asked.
"Optician appointment" Pops said "I'll reschedule that to Thursday then I'm free" he said.
"We're all free" Nana said "then we'll all be there to cheer you on" she smiled.
"Have any of you ever watched a competition of mine?" I asked "when it comes to martial arts"
"No, we started with watching your music recitals" Gramps said "we planning on finishing them then watch your choir solos then martial arts competitions" he explained.
"May I watch the choir videos with you?" Nathan asked and I glared at him.
"Of course sweetie" Grams smiled.
"Thank you" Nathan smiled.