Chapter 47

"I'm here!" I walked into the dojo with my training gear. The staff quickly greeted me with hugs and high fives. We had our banter before I found Michael teaching a class of younger students in a different room. I stood by the door so I would not interrupt but make my presence known. He gave me a nod and excused himself from the class.

"I'm happy you're here" he hugged me "how was school?"
"Pretty average" I shrugged "how's the class?" I looked at the kids who were all staring at me and whispering.
"Good group of kids, but I need a favour from you"
"Go on"
"Alice has to go home soon so I need you to sign in the next class and get them started on a few basics" he said.
"How old are they?"
"Like 12 and 13 year olds, you'll be alright" he shrugged "they're meant to be coming in the next 30 minutes"
"Fine I'll go get dressed" I agreed.
"Thank you, I'll get you dinner" he patted my back as I left.

The dojo was fairly active as there were classes going on in the various areas but I managed to get to the changing room with little to no hassle. I quickly got dressed and locked my stuff away. I kept the essentails on me as I walked out to the reception. It didn't take long before people started coming with their parents.
"Oh my gosh Y/n!" A few familiar faces screamed.
"Hey guys" I smiled "it's nice seeing you again"
"We missed you" the kids smiled.
"I missed you guys too" I handed out the sign in sheet and their parents signed them in.

"So Y/n" one of the dads stopped me as he signed in his son "I saw that you are next to go against Kennedy Wilson in your MMA debut"
"Yeah that's right sir" I smiled.
"Congratulations!" He shook my hand "that is big!"
"Thank you so much" I chuckled "it's really big achievement, but it'll take some hard work to get ready for"
"That'll mean we'll be seeing you way more often, maybe you can give the kids a few pointers on how you get where you are" he smiled.
"Oh yeah actually" I turned to the other parents "unfortunately Alice isn't here to take this class because something came up in her personal life so I'll be taking over for today"
"That's fine" the parents agreed.
"Thank you so much for understanding" I smiled.

I quickly made sure everyone had signed in and counted the kids before the parents walked into the section where the class took the place. There was a portion of the large room for parents to sit and watch and they helped themselves to the seats. I put down the clipboard and rallied all of the kids over to the area.

"Excuse me?" A woman walked in with her son.
"Hi how can I help you?" I smiled.
"Hi we're here to sign up my son Sebastian up for your classes" she rubbed her son's shoulders.
"Alright then, does he have any previous martial arts experience?" I asked as I looked for the sign up paperwork.
"No he is a beginner but he is a big strong boy who can learn fast" she babied him.
"Alrighty" I said "how old is your son?"
"He's 13" she answered.
"Ok great, I'm actually teaching a class of that age range so you can go join the group over there Sebastian" I gestured the group and he made his way over "please fill out these forms, you can sit along with the other parents and watch the class" I smiled. She nodded and sat down to fill everything out.

"Alright good afternoon everyone" I stood in front of them "if you don't know me my name is Y/n and I'll be teaching your class today" I nodded "we actually have a new student today, his name is Sebastian, please try to make him feel welcome"
"Hi Sebastian" the class waved to him. He awkwardly waved back.
"Ok it's good that we got that over with, so I looked over the details of the class and it says you all have mixed levels of experience which is good since you guys can help each other along with learning from me" I said "let's start with warming up, does anyone want to lead the warm up today?"
"Me!" Two boys volunteered. They looked at each other but agreed amongst themselves to do it together.

The class started warming up while following the lead of the two boys. I noticed Sebastian struggling and began helping him with the stretches. They all finished the warm up and I got out some equipment and allowed them to start their training in groups while I focused on Sebastian and worked on finding out what his strong and weak points were.