Save Me...Please Pt.2

Chapa's POV
I wave goodbye to my concerned boyfriend. He waits for me to go in before driving away. I slam the door and throw my bag in the floor. I walk to the kitchen island with swole eyes. Then my mom comes running from the stairs with a frying pan...don't ask.

"Who's there?! Lula?" She puts the pan down. "God, you scared me."

I don't look at her. "How did dad die?"

She freezes.

"Th-there was a c-car a-and an explosion and--"

"How.did dad.die?" I ask more firmly. Still not looking at her.

She takes a few breaths and then answers. "Your father is way older than me. And when I got pregnant at the age of 19, he didn't want to...take responsibility over you..."

I feel tears appear in my eyes.

She continues, "Our parents got us married and...and we didn't exactly have the perfect marriage. He would come home drunk, say bad things about us...even, threaten to take your life. Because of me." Her voice cracks. "So when you were six, I couldn't take it. I...I--"

"Killed him?" My voice cracks. Eyeing the knife across me.

"I almost but I didn't! I-It was an accident though! I--" tears flow from her eyes.

"Mom!" I slam my fist in the island. "What did you do?"

She sighs. "Let's just say, your father left really, really, really angry that night and...never came back."

I feel my pulse increasing. A tear I've been trying to hold in leaks from my eye. "It's because of me...isn't it?"

"What?"

"If I...if I was never born, non of this would've happened. If I wasn't alive, if I wasn't such a brat, he wouldn't have threatened my life, he wouldn't have left, he wouldn't have said all those things about you...I'm the problem." More tears escape my eyes.

"No no no sweety, don't say that." She walks close to me. "Don't!" I stop her from touching me. "It's like I'm bad luck." My eyes still on that knife. If I take it, I won't harm anyone anymore.

"He hates you cause of me! He hates US!"

"Its not like that! Sweety--"

"I'm going to bed." I walk upstairs as my mom calls my name. I close the door.

I was right.

I. Was. Right.

I need Bose.

***

Bose's POV
I barge into her room. "I got your text. Are you okay?" She's sitted on the floor with crouched legs. I slide over to her and she dives into my arms. "No, no, no! I'm not okay." Tears stream down her cheeks and I rub her back.

"Tell me what happened." I says softly.

"I...My dad's alive Bosey."

"Isn't that a good thing?" I ask. "No!" She shouts.

"Yeah yeah. Definitely bad. So not good...remind me why?"

"He doesn't necessarily like us. So, I don't know what he could do to us." She sobs in my chest.

"Chapa, how long has he been gone?" I ask. "About 7 years." She sobs. "And has he ever done anything to hurt you within those 7 years?" I ask again.