See You Again Pt.2

"And that's why she left." Marco explains.

Camilla adds. "You know, if you wanted to see your stupid girlfriend Ana, I suggest--"

"Ana is NOT my girlfriend. She's my cousin." Bose defends himself.

Camilla suddenly feels stupid and calms down. Marco slightly smiles as he runs his fingers through his jet black scruffy hair.

"Oh..." Says the couple. "My bad."

"Forget it-- where's Chapa now?" Bose asks worried.

"She uh...she didn't tell us."

"Wait...I think I know!" Exclaims Camilla.

***

"Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!" Chapa kicks the water. "How could I be so STUPID?!"

Chapa tries to kick the water again but then slips on the mud. She inhales sharply as she lands on her butt. The water splashes everywhere and the mud stains her dress.

"Ugh!" She groans. "I knew I should've stayed home."

She crouches her legs and places her head in between.

Minutes later, Chapa hears the water splashing softly behind her and suddenly come to an end.

"...hey."

She lifts her head and turns to the right. She sees Bose standing there, watching her with bright eyes.

Her eyes narrow and she pouts her lips.

"Why are you here?"

"You know," he sits besides her in the shallow water and crouches his legs too. "I never thought I'd see you cry." He says softly.

Chapa scoffs. "I'd never give you the satisfaction." She drops her between her legs. "Water splashed on my face...and the rest of my body."

"Satisfaction? I'd be broken to see you cry."

Chapa stays silent for a moment.

"Go dance with your girlfriend, I'm sure she misses you." She finally says.

Bose softly chuckles. "Chapa...Ana isn't my girlfriend."

Chapa's head shoots up and she looks straight into Bose's eyes. "She isn't?"

Bose shakes his head. "She's my cousin."

Bose sees how Chapa's eyes light up and shine even brighter than the reflection of the moon on the water.

A small smile starts to form on the tip of her lips.

"Why do you care anyway?" Bose smirks.

Chapa freezes. She turns the opposite direction, as to let the cool air brush off the rise in color of her cheeks.

She turns back to him when she figures out what to say. "Because I'm your bestfriend and I need to know if that idiot is good enough for my idiot."

Bose quirks an eyebrow. "Well, was she?"

"Ofcourse not!" Chapa protests. "She's not the right height, her name sounds off, she seems like an obnoxious little jerk that--" She freezes when she looks at Bose.